Thread: Free money

Free money

The saying goes "There is no free lunch". What this means is that most of the time if someone is offering something for free, there is some kind of catch, like the "free trial" has a membership fee or the project is not as advertised.
    But maybe not always.

I just got some money for free, and it is worth a try for most people.
    Money gets lost sometimes, a payment from a former stock or bond, or tax refund or landlord or some kind of deposit that is no longer required, etc.
    My state, Colorado holds these funds at the State Treasurer Office. So I checked with them, by giving my name, (both Bill and William, as well as my ss #) and got $57. My Son got $30. No fees, no real effort. Mine came from a dividend from a bank that I used to own stock in some years back.
    Now it won't buy that new Mosquito I'd like to have or even a Porsche, but it will buy a dinner or two. Some years back I did the same thing and got about $300.

So check in your own state. Here in Colo you can use "Missing Money.com", and this is approved by the state and does not charge a fee, unlike some other private sites. I don't know if that works nationwide or in your state, but it is worth a look.

Now should you find out that a rich Aunt left you a few $Million and you do buy that nice Mosquito or B-17 or whatever, don't forget who your first ride should be.
    Good luck

Cool. I just found enough to fill up my truck, twice...
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by I_FLY_LOW View Post
    Cool. I just found enough to fill up my truck, twice...
    Gas tank, or the cargo bed? :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Gas tank, or the cargo bed? :-)

Ron Wanttaja
    Lol
    Almost the same thing, nowdays...