Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found

Found

I found a charging device hanging on to my extension chord, inside my electronics bag when I got home and unpacked.

I was parked/camping at the N-40 by the Cafe and EAA souvenir store. This is where I generally plugged in next to the ATM machine, by the telephone pole, while I was there for the week.

I think it is a battery pack recharger.

I know this may be a long shot, but I am not sure what else to do but ask if any of you are missing it. I don't know if EAA has some sort of "after the show" lost and found, but this device is definitely not mine.

Rick
    Last edited by RickFE; 08-12-2013 at 06:27 PM.

mmcgrew
    I saw a note posted in that area asking for the return on their charger.

Quote Originally Posted by mmcgrew View Post
    I saw a note posted in that area asking for the return on their charger.
    Great...that makes me feel even better. Not!

It looks like a box you plug into a wall socket and hang USB chords off of.

Maybe in addition to posting here, post on the EAA Facebook page?

Am I reading this right? He was mooching off of your power cord, and you feel bad?
    Last edited by gbrasch; 08-12-2013 at 09:54 PM.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Glenn, I see what you mean but...mooching? I never cared if someone plugs in. I have freely invited people to feel free. I feel bad simply because it is not mine and it is in my house. I feel more like...careless.

Beagle: Good idea. I don't have a facebook but my daughter does. I will have her do it for me.
    Last edited by RickFE; 08-13-2013 at 05:47 AM.

I have lost things during Airventure, this year my camera......like always, an honest aviator / enthusiast turned it in to the Lost and Found. I don't know if EAA maintains the Lost and Found AFTER Airventure???? Worth a call to OSH????
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Quote Originally Posted by RickFE View Post
    Glenn, I see what you mean but...mooching? I never cared if someone plugs in. I have freely invited people to feel free. I feel bad simply because it is not mine and it is in my house. I feel more like...careless.
    I hear ya Rick, just hate to see you beat yourself up over it. People at Oshkosh are so darn honest. One year when I was there someone left a very expensive electric shaver plugged in outside the west shower house. It sat there for 5 days before I finally told an EAA staffer about it.....
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

An aside: wasn't this year's theme "Only at Oshkosh?" Because I remember that phrase running through my head one day as I plugged my phone in to charge at the bathhouse and then went off to do other things for a couple hours. I don't think there's any other public place on the planet where I'd casually leave a nice, shiny smart phone just lying out in the open...

Through good intentions, a friend of mine lost my warbirds jacket -- having left it on a bus. This was followed by many visits to the lost and found. It is amazing the very nice things that people lose, and that other very nice people make the effort to turn in so that they can be reclaimed by their owners. (Sadly, my jacket was not among them.) And yes, only in Oshkosh could you leave your iPhone plugged into an outlet in the open and leave it for even a moment -- much less all day, confident that it would still be there.

Just one of the things that makes AirVenture amazing, unique, and worth coming back to again and again.