Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homebuilt WW1 Antique Aerodrome

To the OP, that place looks awesome!
    Sure would like to swing by there sometime.

Slow progress!

Thanks to dogged persistence, the power lines at the end of the runway are now buried, leaving clear approaches over bean fields on both sides of the 1600' x 150' landing field. Thanks to he Aerodrome's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AerodromeLesNoyers we have met some wonderful WW1 enthusiasts and builders who have dropped by the field to say "hi". The USAF Museum actually brought over some English and a Scott here on an aviation touring holiday.

On Armistice Day we planted red Belgian poppy seeds along the meadow by the landing field.

The French farm cottage is slowly coming along. I am learning it is a challenge to build a classic French farm cottage affordably and also meet modern building codes!

We also have had our first WW1 replica visit: Joe from Phillipsburg flew his wonderful scale Nieuport 12 into the Aerodrome and we had a great time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8inUIf2nxm4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB9UUt4DFvo

All Great War aviation enthusiasts are welcome to drop by! Just send me a note on the Aerodrome Facebook page and we'll arrange to meet you!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by snj5; 11-23-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Winter comes to our modest Aerodrome!
    No open cockpit today!

www.facebook.com/AerodromeLesNoyers

Quote Originally Posted by snj5 View Post
    Winter comes to our modest Aerodrome!
    No open cockpit today!

www.facebook.com/AerodromeLesNoyers
    Depends on how badly you want to fly....

Ron Wanttaja

Thanks for posting your project snj5, it has been a delight reading your progress and the other contributors. I would love to fly-in this coming year but it's a ways from me, but maybe! Back in the 70's I took a flying job and was stationed at DAY. On off days I would give flight lessons and had the opportunity to fly into some really neat small airports in the area. It's good to hear your effort will be a positive force in the Dayton communities, things were going down hill for the Dayton metro when I left in the 80's. I wonder if the float plans are still flying down on the muddy.

I recently received blessing from the FAA for a private dirt strip outside my door. Funny, it only took 3 months and that included the recent government shutdown. Here in Navajo County, things are much different than some congested areas of the country. Arizona DOT doesn't care what I do up here, and the only hoop I have left is the Special Permit from the County ($450.00) and that shouldn't be an issue (famous last words!). Actually tomorrow we will be clearing the north end of fallen juniper trees.

Anyway, seeing the photos and reading of your progress and success is inspiring to me and I look forward to following your thread. No doubt, with DAY, Wright Patt, and the museum nearby, there is a lot of aviation history, and I think your aerodrome theme fits in very well with the Ohio countryside.

Best Regards.......George

A couple of photos from our 8 plane WW 1 fly-in and a holiday photo of the Aerodrome ( FAA designation 50 OH )
    Happy New Year everyone! Hope to see some of you at our Labor Day WW 1 Aero-Picnic.

https://www.facebook.com/AerodromeLesNoyers
    Last edited by snj5; 12-27-2014 at 01:46 PM.