Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wings X Pro vs. Foreflight

anyone using AOPA's FlyQ EFB?

I've tried Wing X, Foreflight, FlyQ EFB, and the garmin and king apps. I did not like the Garmin and King apps. I felt they were not as intuitive as the other three apps. I initially purchased a subscription to Foreflight and was happy with it's performance. I dumped Foreflight when it became apparant that they want to limit my choices in ADS-B equipment. Also, I don't understand why Foreflight feels they have to charge you more for certain features like terrain/hazard avoidance and georeferenced taxi diagrams when other apps include those in their basic subscription.

I flew to KOSH using Foreflight and FlyQ EFB side-by-side. I ultimately ended up with FlyQ EFB. I purchased a Dual XG170 ADS-B receiver at Oshkosh and was very impressed with it's performance in FlyQ EFB. I also found the FlyQ folks very receptive to feedback.

I strongly suggest trialing all the apps to see which app fits your flying and style the best.

Ken Pavlou

I've used ForeFlight and WingX and settled on WingX. Both are fine products and both have a wonderful history of innovative and quick updates. ForeFlight has a nicer user interface. The reason I went with WingX is the moving map page is superior, in my opinion. So while you are actually flying, it presents more information and has more features. Split screen, lots of useful overlays (weather, terrain, traffic, etc), synthetic vision, etc. For me, what it provides while flying is what it is all about. - Ney

I also looked at both and decided on WingX. I needed to replace an older Lorance 2000 in my Zenith 801 and found that the iFly 720 will fit over the spot. After using it a while, now flying my Cherokee I tend to pull the iFly off of the velcro and use it instead of the WingX. The display is much easier for me to read than the ipad 3 display in the sunlight and does not seem to have the heating problems. The iFly has everything I need, usually they come out with updated whistles and bells before WingX or Foreflight. For me, its a more convenient size to use, including much less expensive to keep everything updated. My suggestion is to try to play with everything you can to make your decision, all seem to be good products.

Quote Originally Posted by 801driver View Post
    I also looked at both and decided on WingX. I needed to replace an older Lorance 2000 in my Zenith 801 and found that the iFly 720 will fit over the spot. After using it a while, now flying my Cherokee I tend to pull the iFly off of the velcro and use it instead of the WingX. The display is much easier for me to read than the ipad 3 display in the sunlight and does not seem to have the heating problems. The iFly has everything I need, usually they come out with updated whistles and bells before WingX or Foreflight. For me, its a more convenient size to use, including much less expensive to keep everything updated. My suggestion is to try to play with everything you can to make your decision, all seem to be good products.
    I bought one of the iFly 720's recently, too.
    One thing I like about it is, you can tether it to your smart phone, for a live internet connection, and on the fly weather updates.