Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Gripes

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    I do have to say, if people obstructing photos is our biggest gripe, EAA must be doing a heck of a job!
    Spot-on! I cannot complain about any aspect of the whole show. It exceeded our expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    ..... Most people aren't trying to be pests, they just honestly don't notice you and are happy to accommodate if you ask them.
    Agreed - most people were very apologetic once they realised that they were standing between us and the 'plane.

We're looking forward to returning in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    Any chance you could post a link to your photo? I'd love to see it.

Zack
    I've had problems posting links on here, but as I said it is on Airliners.net. Just type Alex Christie into 'keywords' and click on 'show me the photos' and you'll find it several photos down. Sadly this was my last Oshkosh AirVenture, and I'm sure gonna miss it!

Seeing as how Zack said that Responsible Folks actually read these comments, I'm repeating what I've said in years past, which didn't make a bit of difference.....Every year I use the showers in Camp Scholler, and every year I see that the broken coathooks are still there. None has been replaced since I first noticed the problem. Now, there's not enough coathooks anyway for all the stuff that needs hanging up when we shower. Surely when the shower rooms are inspected for serviceability pre-convention somebody actually inspects. Hard to miss all the broken hardware.

Second part of my observations on the shower rooms: Seeing as the crowd in the showers needs more coathooks than there would be even if the broken ones were replace, why don't we go the huge expense of putting up a few 2x4's and putting up a second row of coathooks in the shower dressing areas? Dirt cheap and a real quality of life improvement.

Another observation, not a gripe, particularly. I don't understand why there's a distinction among the trams. What happens if all the trams travel from Warbirds to Ultralights, stopping at all the stops? Such would make a trip from one end to the other a whole lot shorter in time, and a whole lot shorter in time between points in between the end points, too. And much reduce the frustration of waiting at a tram turnaround spot for a connection with another tram. Continuous shuttle, no waiting for transfers. Any passenger spends less time on the tram and more time at the convention, seeing the stuff he came to see in the first place. I don't know anybody who thinks time spent waiting for trams is any kind of happy convention experience.

I don't understand why there's a distinction among the trams. What happens if all the trams travel from Warbirds to Ultralights, stopping at all the stops? Such would make a trip from one end to the other a whole lot shorter in time, and a whole lot shorter in time between points in between the end points, too. And much reduce the frustration of waiting at a tram turnaround spot for a connection with another tram. Continuous shuttle, no waiting for transfers.

I agree what do the other members and EAA say?

I think some of the stops were installed so that there was a guaranteed place to get on in busier times. Otherwise, the things fill up at the terminus and never pick up anybody else.

From the perspective of being a "regular tram rider", I think the present system works pretty well. Yes, there are waits if one wants to continue on north or south from the turn-around terminus, but generally they are not too long. There have been times when I wanted to go from whichever end of the airport I've been camped all the way to the other end, but for the most part, I've noticed that few passengers go the full length when I do. Most get off at the terminus and wander through the central area, just as I usually do.

I can't speak to the shower hooks problem, except to say that the showers for airplane camping have been just fine. I used the new shower house this year, but in the past I've used the old one and the shower trailers at the north side of the North 40, the Vintage area, and the "north Fond Du Lac" area, and all have been fine. I heard that the North North 40 one wasn't there, this year, which I think was a mistake, because a lot of folks get sent there. But the quality of the showers has been just fine.

Cary
    Last edited by Cary; 09-30-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

The tram terminals are confusing because no one knows where to stand and wait for loading. Each time you must ask the driver: "are you heading north or south?"

To avoid confusion, it might help if the loading trams parked toward the direction they intend to travel. And a simple sign with "NOW heading NORTH" on one side and "NOW HEADING SOUTH" on the other side.

The signage could be better as I said. BOARD HERE FOR WARBIREDS (and perhaps a list of the interim stops of note), would be better than "PIPER TRAM STOP" which is all you get now.

As much as the trams tend to bunch up now with the 3 routes during peak times, things would get much worse with a single route running between the North and South 40's. A dispatcher would be needed to maintain spacing and schedules.
    I vote keep the current system.