Thread: Great online presence for Airventure!

Thumbs Up Great online presence for Airventure!

This year was the first year that I have missed being able to attend Airventure in person. (darn work obligations!) I will say, I was totally impressed by the online presence of everything. From the webcams, Facebook, website and other online updates by the EAA and others, it made not being able to attend almost as good as being there. Although nothing can compare to being there in person, it was very cool to be able to watch and follow things online.

Thanks to the EAA and all the workers and volunteers who have made the online presence what it is today! (Special thanks to Hal for your direction on all of this!)

I spent a lot of time watching the webcams and listening to the tower. It would be really cool if they had a web cam watching the active runways so you could watch the landings and such in conjunction with the radio work.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Many thanks for the feedback, guys! It was my privilege to be the staff liaison for the streaming media - webcams and LiveATC - but all I really did was fill out some paperwork and try to stay out of the way while "my" volunteers Todd, Paul and Dave did the work!

My days were mostly spent doing my best to capture and share the flavor of the event via social media, and I'm very happy with how that worked out.

All of the credit for the publishing and management of other online content, web stories, news updates, etc., goes to my boss Brian (who will hate that I mentioned him by name- Hi Brian!) and my colleagues on the Digital Media Team: Kevin, Adam, and Sara.

This was a great year, and I'm very happy to hear that you found that reflected in the online side of things as well.
    Last edited by Hal Bryan; 08-06-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Turned a period into a comma.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hal- are you the focal for EAA Radio, or is that someone else?

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    No - Dick Knapinski is their liaison. I just show up on the air with them and make a fool of myself in the mornings.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hal,
    This was my first year checking out the web cams and it's really a nice set-up! I enjoyed "walking around" from north to south in a few minutes and no sore feet! Online is not the same as being there but for those of us who didn't make the trip it was a way to get the feel of this years event. I watched some segments of the air shows and enjoyed hearing Rob from Sporty's doing the "play by play", that's an old familiar voice since I have the Sporty's Private Pilot course on tape. Hat's off to all the volunteers!

Joe

From an office chair spectator, again, this year, THANK YOU ALL!
    I'm planning, if the Lord's willing, and the creeks don't rise, of being there, next year.

Ken,
    Dick Knapinski is the staff liaison for EAA Radio and I am the volunteer chairman and station manager. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, you can email me at jim@eaaradio.net. Thanks for listening! Remember, we broadcast year-round at www.eaaradio.net.
    Jim Gray
    Station Manager - EAA Radio
    http://eaaradio.net