Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oshkosh 2013 "Return to Glory"

Bill Rickets is on the EAA VIDEO page http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=1119304309

OK, just for jollies, I extracted the first 40 seconds of the yodel from the above and turned it to an iPhone ring tone so you can wake up to it.
    Unfortunately, the whole section with the "Let's go get 'em" is about ten seconds two long.

http://www.ronnatalie.com/images/yodel.m4r

Here's a version with some pauses compressed out and the "Let's go get 'em" folded back over the final notes of the yodel so it fits in the iPhone ringtone.

http://www.ronnatalie.com/images/yodelmod.m4r
    Last edited by FlyingRon; 11-21-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Thank you McGyver. You have no idea how happy I was to hear that on the field this year. Some of my fondest memories are walking the flightline with my dad as "the yodeler" performed. We never knew his name until after he passed (although we did swing past the booth one time as he was performing just to see if this was a real person or a recording back in the day). Much appreciated! Ironically dad's last convention was 2004, and he passed in 2006.
    Last edited by glider90; 11-21-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hartwick View Post
    Hey McGyver,

Any chance of making one or some of the recordings available for personal use? Maybe use it awaken the kids?

Thanks
    Not sure that I can release them, Brian... but keep the kids near the Flight Line at 07:00 next year! McGyver

Bill was one of our overnight volunteers who spent the night answering phone calls, redirecting them or getting information out to those calling in... The Yodel was the last thing he would do before turning in for the day! And there were people who wanted to tan my hide for handing him the mic every morning! I wouldn't trade those mornings for anything, though!

I camped in the North 40 for the first few years of Oshkosh going and then when I got the Navion I moved down to Vintage. Amusingly we thought Vintage rocked: we got our photo taken for a plaque, a mug, we were close to the action, (admittedly a longer walk to Friar Tucks when the on-field food wasn't open yet), but our real surprise was 7AM the morning the show started ...what the #*$@! was that. We got used to it however. Wish that I'd have gotten up early enough some morning to go see it live.