Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water (tap water)

At least two of the white PVC troughs were missing near forums. I was shocked, and as mentioned, assumed a scheme to sell bottle water. But later found some troughs elsewhere.

From what I was told, a few of them were moved or removed due to uses not intended, and complaints were abundant. Still lots of places to get tap water as already mentioned.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

I have never fallen for "buy water here"--whether at Airventure or otherwise--so I am always on the look-out for places to refill my water bottle. I had no problems all week long finding water, and most of them were in the same places as they've always been.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

I appreciated the water coolers outside the museum and in the EAA welcome tent. Great idea.

I noticed that the tap water trough was missing from in front of the EAA wearhouse. The nearest one was not nearby. Luckily it was not hot so parched people were not as abundant as some previous years.

Will these be replaced for next year?

EAA Welcome Center is just next door (across the food court) with a water cooler all week, and it will be back next year I'm sure.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Interstater
    The water troughs near the Brown Arch being cut from 2 to 1 was not a big deal this year, but during a hotter week it sure could be. The water trough removed from north of the homebuilts was missed, but at least the spigots were there to fill bottles, hopefully the trough is back next year.

The one I miss the most though is the trough that used to be near the warbirds flightline gate, it disappeared a few years ago when the gate went away and when the Scotts warbird alley thing went in. Can we get this one back? I know there is now a trough a short ways northwest of the warbird buildings, but it is somewhat off the beaten path and does not well serve those who have made the trek to or through the warbirds. It would also be nice to have water available closer to warbird alley, some folks sit for hours waiting for and then listening to greats like Hoover and Anderson and on a hotter day having abundant water close by to soak a hat or fill a water bottle would be a great relief.