Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The New Food Selection Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    Too bad that you can't get JUST an A&W rootbeer without having to get a float.
    We had one each day we were there. Had a float one day and just plain rootbeer the two other days. Which A&W did you go to? We always went to the main one by the flight line main road.

Quote Originally Posted by mmcgrew View Post
    North 40 Cafe has best breakfast and terrific price.
    We ate at the North 40 café often and found the breakfast sandwich to be awesome! The brats and burgers were pretty good as well. Nothing wrong with the North 40 café.
    Brock
    C172H | Central IL
    EAA #1001980

I am loving the new changes with the food selections. I had the best grilled cheese panini and a fabulous smoothie at the Lou's Brew (think that was the name) stand. I love the variety of foods and drinks and the pricing is great. I love that the water came down to $2 as well. My husband and son have been raving about their gigantic burgers from the vintage area and that's all they want to eat each day.

I appreciate that EAA is trying to change things up. I know with such a massive event you can't please everyone, but put me in the "happy" column.

I enjoyed a Steak, Sweet Corn and Veggies with some South Africans at SOS Beerventure the other night. Across the main entrance road toward Pioneer Airport from Scholler.

What happened to the "World Famous EAA Donuts"??!! Those mini donuts are NOT the same, not even close.

Also, two years ago, there was this lovely little privatly owned coffee shop that set up down by the vintage area. I went there every morning for a mocha and every afternoon for iced tea. Last year they were not there (thanks to the entire venue being serviced by one company), and this year... I was hoping...HOPING they would be back. No such luck. Man...they have coffee that compared to Starbucks or Caribou. Let's get them back!!

Thumbs Up Loud Applause!

The food was beyond my wildest expectations.
    Kudos to EAA for the change.
    As one who doesn't eat anything above a fish, this was very, very welcome.

best food in the 19 years I have been coming to Oshkosh
    Did not have one bad meal all week
    never had to wait over 5 minutes for food
    Kevin

I second the comment about the lack of fountain drinks. l also never got a cold soda from any of the vendors. My brother and I finally got in our car and drove to the Planeview Plaza gas station on Rt. 41 and got huge fountain drinks for less than $2.00.

The best meal deal we found was the members meal at the Ultralight Café. A sandwich, fries, a (warm) drink and a huge cookie for $10.

In the end, I never ate at any of the new vendors this year. I'm too much of a cheapskate, and kept walking back to the camper for lunch every day. But my legs are telling me I won't be doing that for too many more years, so I hope the food continues to improve.

Dave

Food was good, with one exception... where was the delicious soft serve ice cream? May sound dumb, but that stuff was one of the highlights of our visit each year. Dove bars and such are ok, but I can get that stuff in my local freezer. The cones were great, missed not having any this year.