Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The New Food Selection Thread

Overall I was pleased with the choices and prices this year. I didn't buy any $2 water but I did have a $3 soda or three. The prices were still cheaper than what I pay at Busch Stadium while attending a Cardinals game.

Keep it up!

Jim
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

I liked the turkey wrap at Thunder Bay.
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmcgowan32 View Post
    I was super sad to see the EAA donuts were not back this year. I walked all around the grounds one morning hoping I might spot their delicious location in the brave new food world. But sadly, it seems that my routine of watching the flight line wake up while eating a hot cake donut and reading the daily paper is only a memory now. Please consider brining them back. The mini donuts are absolutely not a substitute!
    One of my friends grouses about the lack of the old "Aces Cafe" donuts. They've actually been gone for a couple of years. The Tall Pines Cafe down near the Ultralight area (it's operated by Vintage volunteers) has pretty decent donuts. The other place is Vicki's Lunch Wagon just off the convention grounds where Waupan road hits Knapp (accross the street from the old "Zaug's" gate) has a little machine turning out minidonuts which aren't too bad (and fun to watch as well).

I talked with one vendor who had a donut maker working for him but not as a fry man. He was wondering about the donuts and their popularity, too bad he can't see this thread.

Talked to this same gent opening morning and then again around Friday or Saturday, he was VERY happy with lunch, happy with breakfast but dinner was a bust for his location (the old "food court"). He said that he would be happy to come back with a minor renegotiation on the closing time for his booth, this year was 9pm on non night airshow nights.
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem