Thread: I thought this was pretty interesting

I thought this was pretty interesting

Spongebobiwan,

This is quite a project, but I think the comments listed below the photo's give a fair perspective on this guys objectives and people who spend lots on $$$ on thier "kids" toys.

Joe

Joe,

I agree. It's somewhat obvious what his motives probably were. However, since I can't get into other people's heads to know what they really think or feel, I try to read no more into stories like this than is an absolute certainty, and merely take them for their "interest" value. And that was, that regardless of motives, it was a pretty cool idea and quite a unique bit of work. I just think it would be fun to sit at and actually operate (or attempt to).

Russ

I got the impression that this guy actually has turned this "hobby" into a real career opportunity, and that is a dream shared by many. The technical side of this is very complex and he clearly is very talented. I have seen some projects that took great patients and skill, the most recent was a display of handiwork using toothpicks! I stumbled on this at the Grissom Air Museum a couple of weeks ago. They have a old steam locomotive model built entirely of toothpicks with wheels that actually turn. Now this isn't some high tech project but the builder must have spent a ton of man hours putting it together. The homebuilding gene isn't confined to EAA'ers, but I think we tend to appreciate it a bit more then other folks.

Joe