Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Not Recycle ?

Oh, don't worry about me! I spent all of ten minutes researching and writing my post, and will be here every day, all week, just as I am every year. Doing lots of looking up, down, and all around, and making lots of new friends. Hal, thanks for the additional info. Now can you do anything about the lack of iced drinks in cups? Only half-kidding...

Beagle One, yes there are drinks with ice in paper cups at Airventure,if you look hard enough. With all the new and exotic food choices, believe it or not, I actually had trouble finding just a hamburger in the main part of the field, I did find a good one at the North 40, so I looked up A&W, surely they would have burgers. Not so fast, the one in Hangar B has brats and dogs, but no burgers. So they sent me a little nw of the tower and that one had not only burgers, but also serves their root beer which they say is made on site and it is in a cup. They also have the usual Pepsi stuff in plastic bottles.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 07-31-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Now that I'm not watching the airshow, () I wonder if going to the plastic bottles makes the single stream recycling easier, vs all the Styrofoam cups. Maybe the plastic bottles don't blow around, or get loose as easily as the foam cups may, on the flightline? Just food for thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    <snip> (A&W) also serves their root beer which they say is made on site and it is in a cup. They also have the usual Pepsi stuff in plastic bottles.
    Glad to hear that, Thanks, Bill. I didn't see it listed, so I thought that you could only get the rootbeer in a float, which made no sense to me.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Thanks, Bill, I will check it out and see if they will give me some ice in that cup!

The cups Zaug's used were the wax-coated paper/light cardboard cups. Probably more degradable than plastic bottles or styrofoam, and if they got crumpled I don't think they would blow around as much as plastic bottles since they wouldn't roll well.

I want to try the Italian place next to the Warbird shop. They've brought in framed pictures and plants and it looks quite nice!

I haven't seen any styrofoam cups this year at Airventure, only some paper ones, and a lot of plastic bottles .Nor do I recall styrofoam ones is previous years, but then I probably was too busy to focus on cups back then. As for the Italian place at Warbirds, we had lunch there today. I had a brat that was ok, the other folks had a salad that seemed good and some burrito like thing that was just ok. There are a couple of funny photos on the wall, the one about Sophia Loren and Jayne Mansfield, but even more so the one of the priest who falls asleep while he is hearing confession in church. You know your life is none too exciting when the lurid details put the priest to sleep.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 08-01-2013 at 05:12 PM.

White BBQ sauce is found in Alabama. Mayo, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and pepper. It's a local dish, I'm surprised you found it at Osh. Another local is the yellow (mustard based) sauce found in central South Carolina.

It would have been nice to know that I could throw the plastic in with regular trash. That would have saved me from hauling home three bags full of sticky plastic bottles, cups, forks, etc...!
    Mark

2003 RANS S-10
    2011 RANS S-6S
    Zenith Cruzer

www.aircraftstickers.com Very cool aircraft stickers. Vans, RANS, Kitfox...more!