Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Telecom Improvement for 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Meder View Post
    Only two or three dropped or missed calls using the above service. I do wish that ATT has better coverage on the west side of town where we rent a house. Fortunately, the Skype app and our wifi at the house covered that (although my wife did wonder about the strange ANI's at first).
    Bob, if you have a Skype out subscription (or maybe even if you don't) you can put your phone number in for the caller ID. You might have to do it from the computer software, not sure because I did it a long time ago. Folks on the other end won't know the difference. I use Skype a lot from Asia, the Middle East, and Europe when I'm working and it helps keep people from ignoring my calls.
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

Ah, thanks. We're grandfathered under the original AT&T unlimited plan, so I use Skype only for video conferences on my PC or as a fallback on the cell phone, so I never bothered to look.

One neat thing about Skype is that it connects nicely to the WiFi on the business cars (in my non-aviation job), which then goes to the satellite link used to connect to our host systems. Cell coverage in rural areas along the right-of-way can be spotty, at best.
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Meder View Post
    Ah, thanks. We're grandfathered under the original AT&T unlimited plan, so I use Skype only for video conferences on my PC or as a fallback on the cell phone, so I never bothered to look.

One neat thing about Skype is that it connects nicely to the WiFi on the business cars (in my non-aviation job), which then goes to the satellite link used to connect to our host systems. Cell coverage in rural areas along the right-of-way can be spotty, at best.
    I am also on the unlimited AT&T on my phone, won't give it up! Sounds like a neat setup for good comm coverage at work.

OT question, what airport do you frequent in STL? I'm split between SET and 1H0 right now working on the Pacer.

Jim
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

You can find me floating around at 1H0/KSET/KSUS. When I'm at 1H0, you'll probably see me over by John's Stearman (near the runway, by the trailer).
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.