Thread: camp scholler questions

Goggles camp scholler questions

I am planning to stay in the 24hr generator area this year. I could not reach anyone at camper registration phone #. Thought I would give it a try here:
    -even if we have a tent trailer on a site in the 24hr generator area, are we still not allowed for an extra person to set up a 2 man tent on the same site?
    -is there a potable water spigot (that a hose can be attached to) where I can fill my water tank on camper before getting it to a site?
    -are these 24hr generator sites approx. 20x30 like the rest of the campground?

Looking forward to attending airventure again this year with a bunch of R/C friends who are first timers to this event. Thanks for your help.
    Gregg

There are dump/fill stations at the south side of the camp ground for sure (may be other places as well). I don't think there are any different rules for the 24 hour generator area vs. the others. You get one camping unit.

I don't believe they allow any tents in the 24 hour generator areas. I'm not sure if they enforce that or not. http://www.airventure.org/planning/a...mpingguide.pdf

Not sure sleeping in a tent in a concentrated generator operation area would be a good idea. Especially on a still air night. Carbon Monoxide poisoning comes to mind.

I volunteered in that area for several years, in the past they always enforced the no tent issue due to carbon monoxide as the poster said above.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org