Thread: Drive-In Camping $25 a Night? Is that Even if You Don't Actually Drive?

Happy Drive-In Camping $25 a Night? Is that Even if You Don't Actually Drive?

Hello, folks. I'm riding the bus from Alabama to Oshkosh this year and will camp at Camp Scholler. Must I still pay the $25 a night rate? That seems a little steep just to pitch my 10x10 tent.... Thanks!...W.
    Wayne Bartlett
    Retired Military
    Local Pilot
    Banjo Player
    High School English Teacher
    Twenty Minutes to Deadline blog author
    www.facebook.com/20MtD
    www.myairventureadventure.blogspot.com

Yeah, that's the deal. You are paying for the campsite not for the parking. Personally I think it is a pretty good deal. I have paid more elsewhere for a campsite with only porta potties and no showers. With clean bathrooms and showers, a couple of camp stores, free shuttle busses, nightly movies, etc I think scholler is a heck of a deal at $25 a night.

Keith

Wayne, You'll see every thing from a $300,000 motor home to a small tent like yours all camped within a few hundred feet of each other. All paying the same price for camping. Two years ago I was camped next to a fifth wheel which out classed my little truck camper by a lot. No one cares what you camp with and you will make friends which will last a lifetime.

Wayne
    Balking at Oshkosh on $25 a night ??
    Don't see it in your Bio---but you must be a Airline pilot <g>
    Kevin

Thanks, everybody! $25 a night is okay. When I went to pre-pay for it, though, $325 for the week was the only choice! I think I'll just wait and pay for it when I arrive on Sunday afternoon. Thanks!...W.
    Wayne Bartlett
    Retired Military
    Local Pilot
    Banjo Player
    High School English Teacher
    Twenty Minutes to Deadline blog author
    www.facebook.com/20MtD
    www.myairventureadventure.blogspot.com

You pay from the time you set up until the end of the show. If you leave before the show is over, you get the nights you didn't use refunded (except there is a three day minimum).