Thread: Airventure App doesn't match Website

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Airventure App doesn't match Website

I have had this problem in the past and it looks like it is going to continue again. The schedule on the airventure app is outdated and doesn't match the schedules on the airventure website. A perfect example of this is the movie lineup for the fly-in theather. The website lists skyfall on tuesday and Terminal on wednesday. If you go to the app it lists tuesday as TBA and skyfall as wednesday. I haven't checked yet but I am guessing that any updates to the forums and workshops haven't make it to the app either.

What's the point of having an app to use while at the show if it doesn't have the latest and greatest information? I missed a number of forums last year because I was counting on the times listed in the app as being right when it wasnt. Very dissapointing.

Keith

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi Keith -

Sporty's is handing off an updated version of the app to Apple today that addresses those issues. Unfortunately, it takes a few days for Apple to approve a new app, so keep an eye on iTunes for the update. Some data (the internal schedules, as opposed to the "splash screen" where you're likely seeing the movie lineup, for instance) can be updated dynamically on IOS devices without submitting the app again, assuming you have an Internet connection. We'll do our best to communicate any last-minute changes to Sporty's so that they can manage the updates, but with the sheer number of events we have and the number of people involved, the information is always going to be subject to change.

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Hal,
    Where can we report forums/presentations missing in the app?
    Im not seeing Cessna Pilots Association presentations on Monday (Cessna SIDs) or Thursday (Cessna Rigging) in the app.
    Which is more up to date, the app or the website?
    Brock
    C172H | Central IL
    EAA #1001980

Quote Originally Posted by baboss View Post
    Hal,
    Where can we report forums/presentations missing in the app?
    Go ahead and post them here, but there's no reason to do that until after the update has been released later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by baboss View Post
    Which is more up to date, the app or the website?
    The website will always be the most up-to-date.

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

It's 2 days out until the show starts. When is the update to the app going to be released? I'm still looking at a screwed up movie lineup and almost no listings for what is going on nightly in Theater in the Woods.

Ketih

Quote Originally Posted by kmacht View Post
    It's 2 days out until the show starts. When is the update to the app going to be released? I'm still looking at a screwed up movie lineup and almost no listings for what is going on nightly in Theater in the Woods.

Ketih
    Sporty's released the update yesterday. It'll be in the various app stores as soon as Apple, Google, and Amazon have approved it respectively. I expect that to happen any time now for Google and Amazon, and within a day or so for Apple, but that's just my best guess.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

FYI... IOS version 1.1 just showed up as update for me.

I don't know an ap from a sap , but I have been attending many forums over the last 3 decades at EAA, Oshkosh, and have given a few.
    When you buy your ticket or pass, they give a small paper booklet that lists all the forums, day, time, subject, location. The is also a list in each days free newspaper that is widely available around the grounds and at many hotels/motels.

And if you can find an old guy like me, one who doesn't have a cell phone glued to his ear, I will even be glad to decipher, (as in read) that old fashioned thing made of paper with newsprint on it.
    I bet most folks there would also aid you.
    By the way, I know a guy who writes those aps for Apple, a real savvy computer type, but knows nothing about airplanes.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 07-26-2013 at 05:10 PM.