Thread: An invite

An invite

With only a few days left till Oshkosh, I would be remiss if I didn’t invite you to my booth (3080) in building C at AirVenture. As I was a little late in deciding to do one of my bucket list items, the EAA only yesterday confirmed the booth number. I will miss flying the J-3 Cub but get to experience the other side of things at Oshkosh this year.
    The booth presents a compilation of good things that are happening at Grimes Field (I74) Urbana, Ohio. To help pay the EAA and as a donation to help build a B-17 at The Champaign Aviation Museum, I am selling my WW2 and pre-war sectional charts. There will be digital pictures of the B-17 project showing all day long. I will sell some items for the Grimes Flying Lab Foundation. Let’s talk about pies at the Airport Café. Then there is MERFI (MidEastern Regional Fly In) coming up in late August. Did you know that we have an aircraft paint shop on the field? Did you know that the first aircraft lights were made in Urbana?
    I hope you have a good time this year at Oshkosh as I am planning on having a fantastic one. Please do stop by for a chat.

Thanks for the invite.

I want to thank all who stopped by to say hello and especially those that purchased old WWII sectional charts which helped me cover the $2,500 booth cost. While Champaign Urbana Illinois is a fine place to see and my birthplace, I hope that everyone now has at least one reason for visiting the other Urbana in Champaign County Ohio. So, let’s meet again at Grimes Field (I74) in Urbana Ohio.

Name:  IMG_3923small.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  95.3 KB