Thread: Airventure 2009 Patch

Airventure 2009 Patch

I have been going to Oshkosh/Airventure since I was 7 in 1973. I have a patch from every year that I attended. I used to have them on a jacket and now have them mounted in a shadow box. I should say every patch EXCEPT 2009! I made the mistake of waiting until later in the week and they were completely sold out! It seems they were under-produced that year and I seem to be SOL on finding one. Additionally my daughter has been going with me every year since 2000 and is also looking for a 2009 patch for her collection. I was at the EAA Museum earlier this week and seen the patches on display and noticed it was a special design that year (and the display case was locked! LOL ) Does anyone know of any source I could purchase two of the 2009 patches? It is driving my daughter and I nuts not having a complete set for the years we attended. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Usually the EAA Outlets such as the WearHouse have the back years patches.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Usually the EAA Outlets such as the WearHouse have the back years patches.
    Tried that, when I asked they said it is just left over stock, no new production. Thanks for the suggestion

There is a volunteer patch on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2009-AIR...842#vi-content

Name:  patch 009.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  86.9 KB
    I have a patch, cost $1,000,000.00 dollars.
    JK on price.
    Last edited by mexpilot; 07-19-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Those volunteer patches are worth something? I get two every year with the letter telling me I could deduct the expenses of attending the convention.

Hi Flying Ron,
    What is the form called that you fill out with the EAA when you volunteer? Which allows you to deduct a certain amount. I am helping BuildAPlane organization.
    Michael

It's not a form. The EAA sends out a letter to all the volunteers that describes what their attorneys take on how much you need to volunteer and what you can legitimately deduct. Frankly, I don't recall what it says exactly. If nobody from the EAA speaks up I'll go find one I think there's still one sitting on my desk somewhere.