Thread: Walk Around the Lake with Me

Walk Around the Lake with Me

If you're a walker and want a challenge, I invite you to walk around the lake with me during EAA AirVenture! I'll be at Camp Scholler all week, and will take one day--maybe Tuesday--and walk a 75-mile route around Lake Winnebago.

Have a look at my website www.myairventure.weebly.com and click on the "Walk around the Lake" button up top. A route is published there courtesy of mapmywalk.com, and the rough plan is to leave the Camp Scholler area around 4 am, walk at 4 mph for 12 hours, then take a three-hour break, then continue at 4 mph for six more hours and that should about do it, putting us back at Camp Scholler around 1 am on Wednesday.

The route goes through Fond du Lac, Brothertown, Harrison, Appleton, and Winnbago, then through Oshkosh proper to Camp Scholler.

If desired, I would be open to doing it as an overnight, perhaps camping at High Cliff State Park. This would mean missing more of AirVenture, but would be a more relaxed walk and avoid walking at night.

Thanks!...Wayne B.

That is an adventure.

by the forth day its hard for me to get up and walk from the tent to the closest portapotty
    I'll pass this year---but you guys have fun !!!!
    Kevin