Thread: South end parking and entry

South end parking and entry

Is there a public parking lot on the south end near ultralights? (Private owned or EAA)
    And is there a ticket purchase booth and entry gate at ultralights?

I want auto parking near the south end. Don't need camping, I can drive away each evening.

There's a private parking lot/camp ground right on the NW corner of Knapp and the diagonal road (Waupun Rd). Something like Relemendats (I'm probably killing their name0. I believe you can buy admission at Ultralights (limited hours) and enter the grounds there. There's also an admission gate (no sales) right on Waupun road as it passes into the grounds which is open fairly late (11PM)

Ok, so if I parked in the south private lot, I would need to walk to the main ticket office to buy a week pass?
    I am guessing I might also need to walk west somewhat, if Knapp is blocked.
    Bill

As I stated, I believe you can buy these at the Ultralight barn (there is a gate there). If all else fails when you get there, walk NORTH along Knapp street to where the Scholler bike pit is (about two blocks, roughly across Knapp street from the Theatre in the Woods stage), there's an admission gate / ticket booth there. It's closer than the main gate.

Thanks Ron, this forum is useful.

I found the Airventure site map, and you are correct, there is admissions at ultralights.
    Last edited by Bill Berson; 07-17-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Where can I park or camp out for one night? My base camp is Hartland, about 60 miles away. I usually drive home everyday, but would like to camp out at least one night. My EAA chapter member is flying his RV 7 and I can camp out with him, but where can I park my car?
    Thanks