Thread: Sonerai II Pilot Fatally Injured Today

Sonerai II Pilot Fatally Injured Today

Cliff Joseph Rosa, an Iraq veteran aged 24, of Huntsville, Alabama died earlier today flying his Sonerai II. The original posting in sonerai.net is below:

http://www.sonerai.net/smf/index.php?topic=3319.0

Further details can be found by Googling his name. Very tragic.

I hate when posts like this show up. 24 years old...it's not right.

David

No, it's not right. I have never been to Air Adventure (hope to some day...) - is there any recognition of those EAA members, or experimental pilots, at the event for those who have gone west in the past year? If not, I think it would be appropriate to do so, say at the opening ceremony of the event...?

Quote Originally Posted by spduffee View Post
    No, it's not right. I have never been to Air Adventure (hope to some day...) - is there any recognition of those EAA members, or experimental pilots, at the event for those who have gone west in the past year? If not, I think it would be appropriate to do so, say at the opening ceremony of the event...?
    There is a ceremony at the EAA Memorial Wall on Sunday August 4. More info about that here: http://www.eaa.org/support/memorial.asp

EAA also recognizes members who have passed away in the "Gone West" section of Sport Aviation magazine each month. If you or any other member would like to recognize an EAA member who has passed, you can do so by contacting the EAA Membership Dept. at 1-800-564-6322.

My condolences go out to Mr. Rosa's family and friends...

Zack