Thread: Red Barn and Grocery Store Question

Red Barn and Grocery Store Question

We'll be camping in HBC all week and need to stock up on groceries at the start of the show - man cannot exist on show food alone. With that in mind, when does the Red Barn open, and what is the closest "real" grocery store to HBC or the N40? Thanks... (Oh, and is it just my carriage return that isn't working on this board today? It works elsewhere...)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    We'll be camping in HBC all week and need to stock up on groceries at the start of the show - man cannot exist on show food alone. With that in mind, when does the Red Barn open, and what is the closest "real" grocery store to HBC or the N40? Thanks... (Oh, and is it just my carriage return that isn't working on this board today? It works elsewhere...)
    I hear you on the show food. Do you know what the Red Barn carries in regards to fruits, veggies and meats? - Ney

Quote Originally Posted by Ney View Post
    I hear you on the show food. Do you know what the Red Barn carries in regards to fruits, veggies and meats? - Ney
    I know (again, no CR here tonight for me) that the RB has fruit - bananas, apples, stuff like that. I've never looked for the other items you mentioned. One thing, though, the RB is priced a little high and their selections are what you'd expect - they generally carry one brand of most things - Pepsi, not Coke, for instance, so if you have a strong brand preference for something, the RB may not have what you want. This isn't a knock against the RB - it is a camp store, and it fills that niche well...

Quote Originally Posted by Ney View Post
    As I recall from last year (my first OSH visit), they do have some basic meats, just the kind of stuff you'd cook at a campsite; hot dogs, brats, burgers. We actually didn't cook a single thing by our tent in Scholler, despite my insistence on bringing the camp stove. Heh.

We've stayed in Sleepy Hollow the past 12 years.
    When we need groceries, we usually check with the "neighbors" to see if they need anything when we make the WM run.
    If you find someone close that's gat a car, you might be able to do likewise. Or holler at me, we make regular runs.

Ride the school bus or HBC shuttle around the North 40 to the Friar Tucks gate. Walk approx 1/2 mi to the supermarket and Target for supplies. Or from the bus park, ride the Target shuttle bus to same.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Ride the school bus or HBC shuttle around the North 40 to the Friar Tucks gate. Walk approx 1/2 mi to the supermarket and Target for supplies. Or from the bus park, ride the Target shuttle bus to same.
    Target shuttle? Excellent!

I was thinking the Target bus sounded good, but then I got to looking at the map and realized that the walk from the North 40 to the bus park is just as long as the walk from the Friar Tuck's gate to Target. So I guess I'll just walk when we go out for stuff...

- There are actualy better options.

- Stay on the yellow bus past Friers to Hilton exit.

- There from time to time a bus runs to Pick N Save gorcery and return.

- Ride the yellow bus and eat at a burger at Hilton....good.

- Ride the yellow bus and exit at Hilton and eat at West End Pizza.

- Ride the yellow bus and get off at Fiers....and eat there.

- Ride the yellow bus and get off at Frieres and eat at CharPit.

- Ride the yellow bus and get off at Friers and buy at the conveniance store next to CharPit.