Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scottish Aviation Bulldog

Hi Steve
    I soloed in your bulldog XX708 13th April 1978 ! Great to see it is still flying in sunny Florida. I flew it with Southampton University air Squadron then based at Hamble near Southampton. I am occasionally in Florida and would love to be reunited one day!
    Great photo, Tim

Hello all: I have just bought an ex RAF Bulldog -- N640RH, serial 120/310. I need a towbar, preferably one that folds. I have tried to join the forums at SABulldog, but always get a "registration unavailable" message. Emails go unanswered. Is Sherrill Greene out of business? Where can I get a suitable towbar?

Good Morning Brendan,

Welcome to the Bulldog community. They are terrific planes and I'm sure you'll have a great time with yours. Sherrill is still around, you may want to try reaching him via his Facebook page. Regarding a tow bar, I use a collapsible model for Cessna's similar to this unit from Aircraft Spruce: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...d_towbars4.php

FYI, in case you don't have the background on your Bulldog, she was built in 1974 and achieved first flight on 28 OCT 1974. She was delivered to the RAF on 04 NOV 1974 as XX640. She remained in service until DEC 2000 at which time she was removed from service and transferred to RAF Shawbury for storage and disposal.

Have a great time with the airplane,
    Steve

Thank you, Steve. I certainly intend to have fun with my new toy! Thanks too for the towbar info -- I ordered one from Spruce. And thanks for the background info on XX640. I got a lot of RAF maintenance paperwork with the airplane, but all I could decipher was that the plane spent some of its service life at RAF Church-Fenton.