Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Aviation Bulldog

Scottish Aviation Bulldog

Is anyone out there operating a Scottish Aviation Bulldog? I am helping a friend of mine who has acquired one and wants to import it to the USA. Would be great to speak to someone who has gone through that process, or at least get a copy of the operating limitations that have been issued to Bulldogs under the Experimental Exhibition category.

Photo attached for those who don't know the type. I have a little time logged in this one, G-AXIG, which was the first Bulldog delivered to the Swedish Air Force. Earlier this year it was hung on display in the Royal Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh.

Name:  Bulldog over Bass Rock.jpg
Views: 6783
Size:  37.3 KB

There are 31 Bulldogs registered on the FAA Registry site: http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...2f121&PageNo=1

I am not certain, but about 2 months ago I was at a hangar party at Centennial in Denver and there was a Bulldog there or something similar. KAPA is the id, don't know about the plane #.

Sabulldogsusa.com

SABULLDOGSUSA.Com is a site dedicated to the Scottish Aviation Bulldog. On this site you can find tons of information, parts for sale, and friendly members who respond well and share information on the forumn. In the forumn you can find interesting Bulldog stories, information on modifications allowed under expermental classifications.

http://www.sabulldogsusa.com/

I fly a Bulldog out of Eagle County Regional Airport (KEGE) Colorado, and would be happy to try to answer any questions you might have. e-mail me at dlohmann@member.afa.org. I also suggest you contact the Beagle , Pup and Bulldog Club, based in the UK, and with a nifty web site, to help with the export-import process. The American expert on importing Bulldogs is Barry Pope, the former owner of my Bulldog. He imported a number of them in 2001. I do not know his current contact information (I believe he moved from Michhigan to Florada)but you may be able to find it in the FAA aircraft registry. He also owned a Cessna-337 at the time I bought the Bulldog. Hope this helps.

Hello, I am troubleshooting some com issues on a BD, do any of you operators have stock radio stack with the bendix and SGB intercom?
    I can hear myself on intercom, and I can receive from tower. I appear unable to transmit. What mikes are you using in your headsets?

Bulldog Manuals

The Bulldog is still supported in the UK. I believe the support is carried out by a "company" with a name similar to "De Havilland Support". Google them, they can sell you full documentation on the aircraft.
    Cheers,
    Mo.

Adam,

I was a partner in a Bulldog for several years and am still in close contact with the original civilian owner/importer. He's offered his assistance, so if you'll contact me offline I'll put you in touch with him.

Regards,

Ken

Adam,

I own a 1975 Scottish Aviation Bulldog XX708, she was one of the last air frames completed for the RAF. Feel free to drop me a line with any questions you or your friend may have and I'll do my best to answer.

Name:  Warbird_Memorial_Day_Flight_over_Arcadia_and_Fish'ville_2011_(26).jpg
Views: 6081
Size:  86.0 KB
    Best,
    Steve

Suggest you contact Sherrill Greene at SABULLDOGSUSA.com as suggested above. I own a Bulldog in Colorado and Sherrill is a great source for both information and parts. I also bought mine from Barry Pope and the Skymaster Flying Club (airplane was a club airplane), they imported at least 4 aircraft from Jordan. If you have questions you may contact me at Name:  two-Bulldogs_at_OSH.jpg
Views: 4986
Size:  96.1 KBKarl.Mickelson.ctr@mda.mil.