After flying dad's airplanes for many years, I'm thinking of getting back into aviation with my own airplane. Background: Over 400 hours almost all taildragger, still fly with someone once in a great while but not current for years, not willing to risk getting medical pulled so it's going to be light sport from now on. I have my own grass strip in IN, don't be envious, it's lonely.

My dad shares a hangar with a guy that has an Avid Fly for sale, but it has an 80hp Jabaru engine. Not the best engine per my father. This aircraft looks very well built (I was an A&P and an AI under a station licence) except for the engine issue, but I think he wants too much money for the 200+ hours it has. What's everyone's opinion on the Avid Flyer? It's very close to what I was flying for many years. I started out in a PA-17 Vagabond, then the Piper Clipper, the Varga, and quite a few hours in the Baby Great Lakes as well. It actually has fifteen more horse power and is lighter than the Vagabond I learned to fly in many years ago.

Thanks,
Jay