Thread: RC Airplanes

Last edited by viper1day; 08-05-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Used RC airplanes just don't seem to bring much in return on your money.
    I had a 110cc Yak that had a 100 inch wingspan and a Edge 540 that was 90 inch wingspan it was 50cc. I sold both those planes like new not a scratch on them with a trailer for...500 bucks....he got an enclosed trailer, planes radio and everything to go with it for...500 bucks.

Ive found that, at best, RC planes will fetch 50% of their value.

Good radios and receivers will fetch more like 75%.

But airframes that need work to get flying, I've picked up $300 and $400 airframes for $25-$50 that needed even just a little TLC.

The only time I've seen RC airplanes bring money is if there is a lot of scale detail added to them.

Interstater
    I am definitly interested in the Byrons, and I will be at Oshkosh too so i could pick them up then. I will give you a call tonight.

Joe
    La Crosse WI.

Interstater
    Thanks for the pics Ryan. I'll take the Gee Bee at your asking price. Let me know and we can work the details.

Joe

Interstater
    Caveat Emptor! After getting the Gee Bee home and doing the research that I should have done before the purchase, I found that the Gee Bee is NOT a Byron, and because of that it is worth substantially less. It is my fault for not being more careful about the purchase, and I had a chance to back out of the deal when I saw the airplane in person, but he did say it was a Byron! I wish I had been able to view a real Byron Gee Bee before this so I could have done a better comparison, but they are just too rare.
    I contacted Ryan about this and he did say he was sorry but he thought it was a Byron, and that apparently it had been misrepresented to him as well when he purchased it. He has offered a refund if I were to bring the airplane back to Oshkosh with me next year, but waiting that long is not going to work. Oh well, it is what it is and I will just have to live with it I guess. It is my fault as much as it is Ryan’s, I am disappointed though.