Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oshkosh on Google Earth

Awesome! I can see my tent :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Jensen View Post
    I concur with the exact same time estimate. We arrived at about 11am Monday, and had just put the awning out on the camper and had lunch between 1 and 2, then left for the show on the Gator. The picture shows our awning out, and the Gator is gone.
    I concur with the day and time, although I'd put it closer to 14:30:

1) Only the EAA's P38 is outside Eagle Hangar. The Grumman, Mosquito, etc. Haven't been moved for the dinner yet.

2) There are no heavies in Aer-, er, ConocoPhillips Square.

3) The bus and stage for the young people's singing group isn't at Pioneer Airport and the crowd isn't indicative of Saturday (I believe the group left Friday)

4) The pallets of chairs hadn't been delivered to the area of the chapel yet

5) There's no scarring of the dirt north of 36L

6) The spectators are starting to fill in at the airshow line

7) There don't seem to be any real lines at the various food venues

8) The tower and VOR are superb sundials, the VOR especially. Solar noon was at 12:58 CDT on the 25th and the shadow of the VOR antenna is pointing at about 14:00, so it's getting close to 15:00 CDT

9) I can barely read my watch as I'm standing outside Pioneer hangar trying to get a good signal on my iPhone.*

BTW, I tried to find inbound A/C, but Google doesn't show the ATC trailer at Fisk, so the images in that area must be from a different date. It's pretty cool how seamlessly they composite this stuff. It'd be neat if they have overheads for that area during the show that they could add in.
    --------
    *OK, that was over the top, but that's what happens when you wake up at 0300 for no apparent reason.
    Last edited by Bob Meder; 09-14-2011 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Added a bunch of CRLF's
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.

Taree Airport (really) North NSW, Austrlia
    This is great to see, need to arrange for Google Street view to do a drive through at next Airventure?

I see my tent on google maps sat view....cool