Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Nice Tribute For Next Year At EAA

When the Honor Flight, ( I think that is the right term) took the vets from Oshkosh to D. C. this year, I wonder if they visited the Vietnam Memorial Wall?
    I haven't seen it myself, but I have seen a smaller version.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    They did. My friend Chris did an excellent documentary about their trip, here's a trailer:

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Nice tribute for next year

Thanks to everyone out there in the discussion of this apparently sensitive subject both positive and negative. I saw this week that the Warbirds of America will have a one-day flying demonstration of Viet Nam era aircraft as one of the themes for the afternoon show. I would like to thank all of them for this consideration and hope that perhaps at least a little part of that decission may have come from this dialogue. See you at EAA Oshkosh 2014!!!
    Last edited by avinuts; 02-21-2014 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Grammer/spelling

Here is a possible partial list, wouldn't a flyby of a Chinook with hueys look nice?
    Some aircraft are still in use by our present day military**

AH-1 Cobra, OH-58 Kiowa, UH-1 Huey, CH-47 Chinook**, CH-46 SeaKnight, UH-12 Raven, OH-6 Loach, H-22 Shawnee, H-19 Chickasaw, CH-34 Choctaw, O-1 Bird Dog, O-2 Skymaster, A-1 Sky Raider, C-46 Commando, B-26 Invader, C-130 Hercules**, C-47 Dakota, E-2 Hawkeye, T-2 Buckeye, T-28 Trojan, HC-4 Caribou, F-6F Hellcat, F-8F Bearcat,HU-16 Albatross, OV-1 Mohawk, PV-2 Neptune, F-9F Cougar, B-52 Stratofortress**, KC-135 Stratotanker**, C-141 Starlifter (Hanoi Taxi), F-4 Phantom, A-37 Dragonfly, T-41 Mescalero, A-3 Skywarrior, A-4 Skyhawk, C-2 Greyhound, A-6 Intruder/prowler, E-1 Tracer, F-102/F-106 Delta Jets, F-111 Aardvark, U-2 Dragon Lady, SR-71 Blackbird. Sorry for those that I missed...

Speakers?
    Just a very few of the many out there that gave so much...
    Gen. Patrick Brady (MOH)
    Gary Wetzel (MOH) (Oak Creek, WI)
    Sammy Davis (MOH)
    Gen. John Borling (POW)
    Gerald Gerndt (POW) (Mukwonego, WI)
    Gen. Hal Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    When the Honor Flight, ( I think that is the right term) took the vets from Oshkosh to D. C. this year, I wonder if they visited the Vietnam Memorial Wall?
    I haven't seen it myself, but I have seen a smaller version.
    I have been to the "wall". Well worth the visit and very emotional. Did a name rubbing of my high school classmate. The Smithsonian Museum had an interesting display of items that have been left at the wall. (Photos, medals, notes, flowers and panties.) Definetly things that meant something to someone

Which day of Airventure will be the Vietnam day?

I think according to the Warbirds newsletter, it will be Wednesday(?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-CTKFzWjjw

Watch this....
    Feel this.....
    Remember this........
    Thank you and welcome home!!