Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk

Tapatalk

Is this going to be usable with tapatalk? That's an app for smartphones that makes vBulletin boards very accessible/usable. Not sure the specifics about liking them up, but if you can, please do.

Love the new format.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback! We're very interested in Tapatalk and we'll be looking at what it takes to get that implemented once we get through AirVenture.

Cheers -

Hal

I'd love this as well - it would be great to have easy forum access on the go via my Droid.

+1
    Mike Smith

+1

It's a VERY easy plug-in to install and it's free for the servers. I've loaded it on a couple of forums that I administrate, it's very useful! Plus, each additional forum you can use on your phone, makes the buck or two investment all that much more useful!

Bumping this up as a reminder. If you mobile device users out there haven't checked out tapatalk on your smartphone/tablet/etc... you should! It is great for reading, posting, and even has moderator tools so you can moderate your forums on the go! Free plug-in, the app for the device has a small charge, but I've found 4 forums already that I like to read on them and it's so nice the way it takes all the clutter but still allows you to see pictures and post.

+1
    Eric Page
    Building: Kitfox 5 Safari | Rotax 912iS | Dynon HDX
    Member: EAA Lifetime, AOPA, ALPA
    ATP: AMEL | Comm: ASEL, Glider | ATCS: CTO
    Map of Landings

I downloaded tapatalk and browsed some aviation forums. On both iPhone and iPad the experience seemed inferior to just browsing the site in Safari. What am I missing?

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I don't think there's any appreciable value on the iPad, but on the iPhone (and, presumably, smallscreen Android devices as well), Tapatalk's finger-friendly interface beats panning and zooming in mobile Safari for me, hands-down. I had a demo of the moderation tools on an iPhone last night, and it was considerably easier to manage threads, etc., with Tapatalk.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Yeah, not that useful for iPad but on smaller screens it's wonderful, no zooming in and out or scrolling back and forth. It automatically resized pictures too.