Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaming Media/Cameras - 2013 Official Thread

I just checked the ultralight camera and found, like Rod said, it seems to follow the sky.
    But one time it scrolled lower and I saw a new road with big changes near the Barn.
    What is that road for?

Thanks for the cameras and your hard work.

Right Hal - I jumped the gun when I got an error message on the first webcam I selected. Since it's something I run into frequently with my iPad I assumed that was the problem here. The webcams work great without anything special required.

yep, The page tries to load mpeg, if it no likey, it rolls to http streaming which is supported by most newer android and iOS devices.

We are also going to try to keep the first post updated so nobody has to sift through the whole thread to figure out what is going on.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    This is probably the least of your webcam troubles.
    I noticed when I opened the in browser pop-up JW player
    the aspect ratio is different in the south webcam than in the
    central webcam.
    Meaning the the video image is wrapped in a black
    frame in the south webcam and the central webcam does not have
    have a black bar on top.

Also Firefox 22.0 allows you to adjust the size of the browser pop-up JW player.
    Internet Explorer 10 does not allow browser pop-up JW player size change.
    South webcam looks like it is operating great.

Firefox screen shot below

Name:  wcamsouthcentral.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  94.5 KB
    Internet Explore screen shot below
    Name:  wcamsouthcentral2.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  94.7 KB
    Natural Flyer on camera sphere
    Name:  wcamsouthcentralnorth.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  95.9 KB
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 07-15-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Another update on the camera status.

All the wayfinding tower cameras are back online. We are still working on the DSL lines with ATT, but that has been going really well. I have to say the technician AT&T has out there is great to work with and has been going out of his way to get these lines working properly. We expect the last changes he made to roll out with a system update during the night and hopefully that will take care of the remaining problems with those lines.

In the mean time, I have made several changes to the camera and encoder configurations to get the streams working as smoothly as possible. The Vintage camera is new this year due to an untimely death of our previous camera when it's parachute did not open in time. It has taken a little extra time to find the configurations that seem to work well, but we are getting there. Something you will notice in the Vintage camera tour it is running, it is completely random, so there are times it takes an extended tour looking near the tree tops as it pans between stops. But as I said, the tour is completely random and is decided by the camera. As aircraft start arriving, the tours on all the cameras will be adjusted to try to highlight some of the aircraft, but still tour the whole grounds as well.

Hope all are enjoying the feeds.

Todd Ritzman

Hi Todd,
    When I try to access one of the cameras, such as the warbirds, from my work computer I get a bar across the window with the words:
    Server not found: rtmpt://205.213.124.41:80/warbird/

Now this is a government system, and they've been blocking access to all kinds of stuff in the last year, so perhaps it's hopeless. But do you have any ideas? Thanks.

Mike E

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    Hi Todd,
    When I try to access one of the cameras, such as the warbirds, from my work computer I get a bar across the window with the words:
    Server not found: rtmpt://205.213.124.41:80/warbird/

Now this is a government system, and they've been blocking access to all kinds of stuff in the last year, so perhaps it's hopeless. But do you have any ideas? Thanks.

Mike E
    Mike,

Is this the only camera you are having that issue with?

All three streams are should be configured the same on the stream off the server. While we have tried to make it so it can be accessed by a large variety of systems and from even behind some firewalls, we just can't provide service to all systems and through all security systems. The security system at my work also blocks it from being played, but will play just fine on the work laptop when not on the work network.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    Is this the only camera you are having that issue with?
    No, all cameras get the same kind of message. Looks like it isn't going to work this year. Thanks.
    Mike E

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    I just checked the ultralight camera and found, like Rod said, it seems to follow the sky.
    But one time it scrolled lower and I saw a new road with big changes near the Barn.
    What is that road for?

Thanks for the cameras and your hard work.
    That is a new perimeter access road the airport is installing for their use. I am sure some of it will be used for the convention as well.

Here is a link to more information. http://www.eaa.org/news/2012/2012-11...ad-project.asp

Todd

I guess this just can't really be said enough, so thanks so much Todd to you and your crew for all the hard work put in to get the feeds up and running, and a bit earlier this year I think. I am thoroughly enjoying watching the little city come together again this year. Soooo.....thanks!