Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

Quote Originally Posted by pjaffray View Post
    Yes, as some of you have found, some of the cameras are online, but not officially yet.

While we are using the same settings as last year, we are having some difficultly with the connections on the DSL lines. You will find that some of them pause or jerk in there movements and sometimes even drop offline entirely. We are aware of this and are looking into trying to resolve the issues. Because of this, we will be taking the cameras offline at times as well.

Both Paul and I hope to be in Oshkosh tomorrow for awhile to test the DSL connections and start some troubleshooting.

Todd Ritzman

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    Yes, as some of you have found, some of the cameras are online, but not officially yet.

While we are using the same settings as last year, we are having some difficultly with the connections on the DSL lines. You will find that some of them pause or jerk in there movements and sometimes even drop offline entirely. We are aware of this and are looking into trying to resolve the issues. Because of this, we will be taking the cameras offline at times as well.

Both Paul and I hope to be in Oshkosh tomorrow for awhile to test the DSL connections and start some troubleshooting.

Todd Ritzman
    Thanks for volunteering your time and expertise gentlemen.
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

Hi Todd

Thanks for that. I was talking about the Wayfinding cameras - as they move between some points on some traverses, they aim at the sky rather than the ground - I noticed that last year as well as in the last couple of days. For example the Ultralight one, on its track from left to right along the ultralight runway, it just catches the tops of the trees while below the trees there's interesting stuff going on. I understand that the track is automatic, but perhaps you can program an extra stop on that traverse to lower the camera.

I appreciate what you say about the Airshow feed - I regard that as a great bonus when it does aim at the action!

As to the Pioneer Webcam, I reckon one on the Museum tracking the length of the runway and returning via the hangars would be a great addition for us poor souls who can't get there every year. Even when I have visited AirVenture, the webcams are great to check out what's going on when I'm back in the hotel/university room.

Keep up the great work - and many thanks for it!
    Last edited by RodBearden; 07-12-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post

Official or not, seeing the live feed with tents going up, mowed grounds, people setting things up - gets me so pumped for Oshkosh! Wish I lived closer and could work weekends helping prep, but we'll be there ready to help on the 27th! Thanks so much for getting these cameras up!
    Steve

If you want to view the webcams (Flash video) on your your iPad or iPhone, download a free app called "Photon". Paste or type in the URL address, hit enter and press the lightning bolt symbol in the tool bar and your set.
    Mike

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeno View Post
    If you want to view the webcams (Flash video) on your your iPad or iPhone, download a free app called "Photon". Paste or type in the URL address, hit enter and press the lightning bolt symbol in the tool bar and your set.
    Mike
    Sounds like an interesting tool, but not necessary in this case - the webcam streams play on IOS devices (via HTML 5, I believe) without any additional plugins or apps.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Don't know if you worked on them, or if it's just lighting, but the video quality on the South and Central cams looks much better today. The ground level scan on the South cam is great - will show so much more of what's going on. So appreciate what you guys do!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    Don't know if you worked on them, or if it's just lighting, but the video quality on the South and Central cams looks much better today. The ground level scan on the South cam is great - will show so much more of what's going on. So appreciate what you guys do!
    Paul and I were at Oshkosh yesterday doing some troubleshooting and have narrowed it down to the DSL lines.

We have AT&T working on the connections. They are not expected to get to work on these lines again till sometime this week, but I expect they will get them working better soon. You many notice a change of quality from time to time right now as the DSL lines have been varying in it's capacity from time to time, this should stabilize when AT&T gets these connections resolved.

You will also notice that the Warbird Camera is offline now, this due to work on the DSL lines, but should be back up this week as well.

Far as the grounds in general. The EAA staff and all the volunteers have been hard at work getting the grounds ready. It is really amazing how much can get done in such a short time and can be interesting to watch. That is one reason Paul and I try to get these cameras online as soon as possible so others can watch the City of AirVenture be put together.

I will be taking the cameras offline for a little while this even while I work on the Vintage camera in hopes of getting some type of a tour running on this camera as well.

Todd Ritzman