Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Streaming Media/Cameras - 2013 Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rcmodelr View Post
    Since all 3 webcams are still streaming, would have been nice to have at least one of them pointed toward the runways so we can see the airplane traffic and see how much less active that runway is when AirVenture is not in progress. Nothing worth looking at in the grass.
    None of the cameras have a view of any of the runways when they are laying down. The closest view of the runway can be seen on the ultralight camera, and that you can only see some of the approach to rwy 36.

You can hear how little traffic is at Oshkosh right now my tuning in www.liveatc.net.

Paul and I went up to Oshkosh today and removed all the webcams. The good news is none of them received any damage this year. Now they all need to get cleaned up and packed away till next year.

It is amazing how quickly things can change up there. Many things have already been packed up and put away around the grounds, the planes are all gone , and there are just a few lonely campers in the campgrounds. The main show area still has a lot of the large tents still in the area, but many workers are getting them down very quick. I think the 4 hours we where there, we saw most of the framing for one of the large tents get mostly disassembled.

Todd

I also just wanted to let you know that the recordings of the Airshow Streams will be available to watch till September 16th if you want to get a few last views of this years airshows. The following link will take you to where they can be viewed.

https://new.livestream.com/accounts/...VentureAirshow

Todd,

Just a note to say THANK YOU AND JOB WELL DONE. For those of us that couldn't make it this year, your cameras helped us feel that we didn't miss everything.

Dave Sirota

Just wanted to add my thanks to this thread -- and offer a suggestion for 2014.

For many, flying into OSH is the culmination of a life-long dream. It's a real "bucket list" item that should gladly be commemorated.

As such, a webcam that captured arrivals on Rwys 9/27 and Rwys 18/36 could be a real money maker for EAA. Connected to a simple commercial-grade DVR, it would automatically record arrivals in 30 minute bites. (I know, because we have such a system at our business.)

Thus, an OSH pilot would only have to know within 30 minutes of when he arrived at Airventure, in order to find the recording of his/her grand arrival!

This video bite could either be downloadable, or purchasable in DVD format. Of the half dozen or so pilots I've discussed this idea with, all said they would happily pay $20 to download their arrival. You could probably charge $40 for the DVD.

If just 25% of the 10,000 landing aircraft bought the video bite for $20, EAA would clear an easy $50K!

Just a thought for 2014.
    --
    Jay Honeck
    Port Aransas, TX
    Van's RV-8A N14EG
    (2013 was our 31st consecutive year at OSH!)

How about putting the jumbo tron online during the airshow. I only seem to make it to OSH every ten years but watch all I can.
    The more online the better, I would love to be one of those people who goes every year but that is not possible.

Ray

On the other hand, Margy would pay money to suppress the evidence of some of her Oshkosh arrivals.

Not that I am excited about Airventure 2014, but are the camera towers up yet. I would not want to miss any early arrivals. The way I see it 7 months is not too early to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by psvinny View Post
    Not that I am excited about Airventure 2014, but are the camera towers up yet. I would not want to miss any early arrivals. The way I see it 7 months is not too early to be there.
    I like the way you think. Unfortunately the towers will still be laying down for some time yet, but the planning has been in he works for awhile now. We are looking forward to Oshkosh 2014. T minus 200 days

Are you going to run on this test thread again this year or will you start another one?