Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Streaming Media/Cameras - 2013 Official Thread

Paul

Apprecaite all the work you and your team do, to give us a feel for Oshkosh, with the webcams.

I can't help but notice the Jumbotron, and the video feed it is getting during the Airshow. Looks great.
    Multi Camera Feed ? Looks very professional.

I seems today, your Airshow Camerman has given up, and is just shooting the Jumbotron !!

What are the chances of actually getting that Jumbotron video feed, as the Airshow Stream. ?

Geoff

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FSMP View Post
    I can't help but notice the Jumbotron, and the video feed it is getting during the Airshow. Looks great.
    Multi Camera Feed ? Looks very professional.

I seems today, your Airshow Camerman has given up, and is just shooting the Jumbotron !!

What are the chances of actually getting that Jumbotron video feed, as the Airshow Stream. ?

Geoff
    Hi Geoff -

The videographer in the tower has to periodically step away from the camera to review footage, change equipment, go to the restroom, etc. When he does this, he can either pull the camera back as wide as it can go, or point it at the Jumbotron along the flightline, and he's been alternating.

As for rebroadcasting the Jumbotron feed, no - there are a number of reasons why that isn't being streamed. First and foremost, it's meant primarily as a supplement for airshow viewers here onsite - all but required for Jetman. Secondarily, our purpose with these webcams is specifically not to try to do a professional, full-blown TV production around the airshow, but to give people a simple, DIY-style look at what's going on here at Oshkosh. If people really, really want a good look at the airshow, among many other things, come on out and see us!

Speaking of which - how's virtual Oshkosh going?

Cheers -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I've really enjoyed today's coverage, but the Vintage and Ultralight cameras have hardly shown anything of the action on runway 18/36. Any chance of boosting that. at the expense of the relatively static parked airplanes?

The on site large video screen content is produced by liveairshowtv.com. There's a couple of daily highlight clips on their site. It doesn't look like most of the programming will be available. The Rocky Mountain Air Show 8/16-18 and the National (Reno) Air Races 9/10-15 will be available live on the internet. Their site doesn't say if there's a cost though.

"Space Night" at TITW was awesome last night....thanks again Todd and Paul!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rosenow View Post
    "Space Night" at TITW was awesome last night....thanks again Todd and Paul!

Jim
    Thanks Jim.

We were able to watch some of it. We are currently processing the file and it will be replayed during the day.

Currently we have Sundays Theater in the Woods program playing along with some short video clips another attendee brought around for us to play.

Todd

Tonight's Theater in the Woods program is "Bringing the Shuttle West" and starts at 6:30 pm CDT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Hi Geoff -

The videographer in the tower has to periodically step away from the camera to review footage, change equipment, go to the restroom, etc. When he does this, he can either pull the camera back as wide as it can go, or point it at the Jumbotron along the flightline, and he's been alternating.

As for rebroadcasting the Jumbotron feed, no - there are a number of reasons why that isn't being streamed. First and foremost, it's meant primarily as a supplement for airshow viewers here onsite - all but required for Jetman. Secondarily, our purpose with these webcams is specifically not to try to do a professional, full-blown TV production around the airshow, but to give people a simple, DIY-style look at what's going on here at Oshkosh. If people really, really want a good look at the airshow, among many other things, come on out and see us!

Speaking of which - how's virtual Oshkosh going?

Cheers -

Hal
    Hi Hal

Ref: Jumbotron -- I just thought it was worth asking .. Yes, from what I have seen, it looks like its a very professional production.

FSMP's Virtual Oshkosh is going well, with over 450 arrivals since last Saturday. This year we are limiting the event to just Prop, Turboprop, and small Regional Jets, so there is a lot more "hand flying and pattern work", and a lot less FMC and Autoland on 36 in 737s & 747s !!. Despite some initial resistance from the 737 "Captains", they are finally seeing the light, and starting to re-discover the thrills & enjoyment of getting back into a small GA plane, and being "at one" with their plane.

Hopefully, one year I'll make it to the real world Oshkosh, but when I do, I will defiantly have to fly in. !!

After over 100 simulated arrivals , mostly on the Rippon -Fiske arrival, it will be wonderful to actually do it for real .. although sometimes in the Sim, when surrounded by other aircraft, following the railroad track, maintaining separation, and listening to the Fisk controller, in continuous "speak mode", it seems amazing real.

It looks like the weather have been kind to Oshkosh, so far this week. All those heavy storm clouds form the west seem to be passing to the North or South of Oshkosh so far... so hopefully no washed out campsites this year.

Geoff
    Last edited by FS-MP; 07-31-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Sorry about the Ultralight camera being offline earlier, someone decided to unplug the system to plug in their phone and camera.

Todd - I love your fisheye view over the entrance on the Air Show stream! Was that taken from one of the Bell 47s?

And I'm still hoping that the Vintage and Ultralight cameras will occasionally remember that there's an interesting runway behind them :-)

Rod