Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Stuff to OSH

Shipping Stuff to OSH

I admit to liking camping under my wing in the Vintage area, along with like-minded friends. I further admit that sleeping on the ground.....those days are OVER! So, I do take a tent I can stand up in, and I take cots, pillows, chairs, etc. Things get a bit tight in the 195 and this year my brother in law is joining me (I am picking him up in Madison). So, has anyone on this forum ever shipped some of their gear via FedEx or UPS? The FedEx location is a bit more of a hike than the UPS location, per the AV website. But I am looking more at the "chaos factor". Which of these providers would over the least in stress and waiting in line, etc??? I am not looking at advice on what to ship but horror stories are welcome. Thanks in advance.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Give me a call. I live in OKC, I'm leaving for OSH (driving, pulling my 5th wheel) on the 24th. We go up I-44, right through Springfield. I wouldn't mind picking your stuff up & taking it to OSH for you.
    We don't leave OSH for home till Aug 3, (Saturday).
    (405) 417-6077 c

Quote Originally Posted by malexander View Post
    Give me a call. I live in OKC, I'm leaving for OSH (driving, pulling my 5th wheel) on the 24th. We go up I-44, right through Springfield. I wouldn't mind picking your stuff up & taking it to OSH for you.
    We don't leave OSH for home till Aug 3, (Saturday).
    (405) 417-6077 c
    If this isn't the spirit of Oshkosh, I don't know what is.......
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

There is a local UPS Store that sets up a booth at AirVenture. The store owner is Bob Ollerman. Packages can be sent to The UPS Store via any means (mail, UPS, FedEx). The UPS Store charges a $4 handling fee, per box, for items shipped to them. Address the packages as follows:The UPS Store
    Attention: (your name)
    1528 S. Koeller Rd.
    Oshkosh, WI 54902
    (920)231-1623

Call him before you ship

Those guys from Oklahoma are not to be trusted !!!! will pawn your stuff at the next fuel stop <g>
    Kevin ( from Oklahoma )

I live in Knob Noster, Mo. I'm leaving the 26th of July and if you can get your stuff up here by then, I'd bring it for you. The bed of my pickup will be pretty much empty + a little room on the trailer. If you let me know early enough. (I start vacation the 24th) I could meet you half way down 65. I can store it for you for a few weeks till we can meet up again when we return. No $4.00 handling fee, just a cold one at the SOS tent

Dave

No offense here, but you really need to learn how to pack better, Fen! I wish I had the room that a 195 has, but I manage to get everything I need for "glamping" into my 63 P172D, even when I have a buddy along. I have a 4 man tent, cots, stove, coffee maker, cappuccino maker, cooler, food, 2 tables, 2 chairs, electric lanterns, tent fan, sleeping bags, mattresses, etc., etc., plus all my clothes for a week. I usually add my folding bicycle--and I've been known to carry 2 of them with a buddy along. Granted it's stacked to the headliner in the baggage and back seat areas, but it all gets in there and the airplane can still legally leave the ground.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

Me and a few friends split a storage locker just off the field. I wrangle a pickup from one of the vintage volunteers who's local and go over and start trucking over our stuff when I get in. The only thing we put in the airplane is our clothes, some wine, and the frozen drink machine.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Me and a few friends split a storage locker just off the field. I wrangle a pickup from one of the vintage volunteers who's local and go over and start trucking over our stuff when I get in. The only thing we put in the airplane is our clothes, some wine, and the frozen drink machine.

Which storage place please?
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Barr Refrigeration down south of the PlaneView Truckstop on the highway frontage road.

Bonanzas to Oshkosh use AAA storage--about 1/2 mile north of the field

1290 Osborn Ave, Oshkosh, WI 54902
    Cross Streets: Between Mason St and Knapp St

I have tried to talk EAA into building some storage lockers on the grounds of EAA--they would be rented in a heartbeat !!!
    Could become a cash cow for EAA and use the money to pay off the FAA blackmail !!!
    Kevin