Thread: Stits Playmate landing main gear width

Stits Playmate landing main gear width

Can someone tell me the width of the main gear on a Stits Playmate SA11A? I need a dimension to the outside of the wheels to make sure it will fit on my trailer. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pacerpilot View Post
    Can someone tell me the width of the main gear on a Stits Playmate SA11A? I need a dimension to the outside of the wheels to make sure it will fit on my trailer. Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure it will fit on an 8' wide trailer. Several times I have carried a plane with > 7' wide gear track on a 6-1/2' wide trailer by placing a 8'long 2x12 dimension lumber across the trailer, placing the wheels on that, then clamping everything down.

Thanks Marty, that's my plan as well. My trailer is 7'2" to the outside of the tie down rails. The hardest part is loading since my trailer has fenders that stick up past the deck. I was hoping the gear was 7'6" or so. That would make it real easy. My Junior Ace (Jake Jaks junior Ace) went to the far outside edge of the deck/rails but fit nicely and rode home from Bay Minette, MS. However, we lifted it onto the trailer with a forklift!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pacerpilot View Post
    The hardest part is loading since my trailer has fenders that stick up past the deck.
    One of those mythical "skyhooks" would sure come in handy for this job.