Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go Pro

Go Pro

I remember last year the Go Pro folks offered a discount on their cameras, during Airventure. Anyone seen an ad for this year? I was hoping to get a good price on one at the show.

Thanks

I'm with ya there. I really want one, but I don't want to pay full price for it...

Instead of a GoPro, check on a Contour+2 Model 1700! These baby's have it all. GPS, Bluetooth, HDMI port, USB and 120v chargers, Android and or Ipad apps and here is the best -- you can really shop them NEW on EBAY for around $300 or less. I installed a larger SD chip for more records. Works beautiful! Get the waterproof package included.
    Last edited by JoesPiper; 06-24-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seeekandstroy View Post
    I'm with ya there. I really want one, but I don't want to pay full price for it...
    I bought one last year on Wednesday. The next day, my daughter won one at the 1:00 drawing.

GoPro

Quote Originally Posted by JoesPiper View Post
    Instead of a GoPro, check on a Contour+2 Model 1700! These baby's have it all. GPS, Bluetooth, HDMI port, USB and 120v chargers, Android and or Ipad apps and here is the best -- you can really shop them NEW on EBAY for around $300 or less. I installed a larger SD chip for more records. Works beautiful! Get the waterproof package included.
    There are a some great things about GroPro though. One is they sponsor AirVenture, the Black version has 60 frames a second and super-high resolution that allows more creativity, and the package is more suited for rotating in the wind. Check out my video where I mounted a remote control motor mount in the wing. Full disclosure though: I'm speaking at Airventure on Saturday and when GoPro saw my videos with the mount they gave me a camera, so I'm a little a biased because I thought that was very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Ney View Post
    Check out my video where I mounted a remote control motor mount in the wing.
    Where and with what do you attached the camera to the wing?

Quote Originally Posted by mbond View Post
    Where and with what do you attached the camera to the wing?
    I used an inspection plate. I used a stepper motor in the wing, along with a microcontroller, remote control and battery. I'll have it with me on Saturday at 11:30 at my talk if you want to see it. I just finished a new video using the stepper motor to turn it very slowly, then using time lapse on the GoPro: (look for the clip of the farm fields going by)

OK, so back to the OP question, will they be there offering a discount?
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by Ney View Post
    I used an inspection plate. I used a stepper motor in the wing, along with a microcontroller, remote control and battery. I'll have it with me on Saturday at 11:30 at my talk if you want to see it. I just finished a new video using the stepper motor to turn it very slowly, then using time lapse on the GoPro: (look for the clip of the farm fields going by)
    Very innovative mount for the GoPro. Like your video in the San Juan Islands.

I have been doing a deep dive with the GoPro 3 Black attached to a Carbon Cub in the San Juan Islands. My Carbon Cub is an ELSA, so there is a great deal of freedom in trying various mounts and mount locations. Going to try to make your presentation at AirVenture. Any chance we could get an early look at your mount before AirVenture? It would be perfect for the Carbon Cub.

Here is a link to my YouTube Channel where I have been posting my initial tests with the GoPro 3 Black on the Carbon Cub.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cirrusjet

GoPro show discount

Quote Originally Posted by gbrasch View Post
    OK, so back to the OP question, will they be there offering a discount?
    OK, I did not intend to hijack the thread, so I emailed my contact at GoPro and he said:

"Yes, we'll be offering a great package discount at the show. Tell them to come by our booth. "