Thread: JetHiking Part 2...Yep! I'm Still Going Strong!

Goggles JetHiking Part 2...Yep! I'm Still Going Strong!

Hi Everyone!
    Sorry I've been MIA; it's getting difficult to update all the forums, but I wanted to let you know where I am these days with my airplane hitchhiking project!

As of writing this, I just landed in Norfolk,VA marking state number 27. I am trying to head to New England next, hopefully Oshkosh in July and Alaska in August (somehow).

For those of you who aren't familiar, I am a travel writer who is hitchhiking on general aviation planes in an effort to visit all 50 states. I started in July 2012 and am blogging about the adventure on JetHiking.com and a book is in the works.

Speaking of the website, I just re-launched JetHiking.com so it should look much better on all those smartphones! I'm still working out a few kinks, but it's getting there. I also bought a Go Pro camera so I'll be video blogging very soon. I'm editing a hang gliding video right now.
    You can check out which states I've been to here: http://jethiking.com/about/what-is-jethiking/

I had a blast at Sun N Fun in April, and have been hanging out in South Florida for the month of May working as a bartender and as a deckhand on a sailboat so I have the funds for part two of the journey.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with the trip and for all of your kind e-mails and support!

The adventure continues....
    Amber

I think she is down to 7 states (Alaska is on that list and she hopes to make it there before Winter).

EAA oughta give her a pavillion slot to let her recap the adventure so far!

http://jethiking.com/

Is she going to Oshkosh? I'll bet she could hitch a ride with someone returning to AK from there.