Thread: Need Photo of Scott Aircraft Motors Wings Logo

Need Photo of Scott Aircraft Motors Wings Logo

I need a more detailed photo/drawing of these 'wings ?' shown in this photo. I've already looked all over the internet with no success. Any suggestions on where to look would be very helpful.Name:  scott aircraft motor logo.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  19.1 KBI have access to Newspapers.com so if you have a date and place, maybe I can find a photo there.
    Last edited by wudagal; 09-22-2014 at 08:53 PM.

I didn't find anything online either.

If someone knows of a museum that has a Scotts Motor aircraft in their exhibit, maybe you can get a museum staffer to take a better picture than the one you have.

Banned
    This is the reason you can't find anything:

Scott 1928: (Leland L) Scott Two-Stroke Motor Co, 2814 Mercier, Kansas City MO. 1934: (Leland L & Laura J) Scott Aircraft Motors, 2537 Southwest Blvd, Kansas City MO. 1939: Luther Machine Co (L L Scott & Luther Shelton, partnership), Kansas City MO. 1939: Scott bought out by Shelton and went to work for Pratt &Whitney. 1951: Floods destroy all Scott records but for a magnesium supercharged two-stroke V4, which was donated to Iowa Transportation Musem in 1953, in turn to Wings & Wheels Museum in 1968.

Contact the museum, they may have something of use.

Happy Which Wings and Wheels?

Floatsflyer, I find many 'Wings and Wheels' Museums when searching on-line. Which one should I contact?

Thanks for your help so far.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wudagal View Post
    Floatsflyer, I find many 'Wings and Wheels' Museums when searching on-line. Which one should I contact?

Thanks for your help so far.

The only museum by that exact name that I know of is in Poplar Grove, Illinois. http://www.poplargrovewingsandwheels...7CD&Type=B_LOC

If you have found others, contact them as well but first make sure you're not confusing an actual museum by that name with events of the same name. Good luck, let us know if you find what you want.

Wudagal, PM sent.