Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Candy Drop

Yes I should have had a few more detail of my plan. I would have a "bombardier" while I totally concentrate on flying and MAINTAINING AIRSPEED! Where I got my PPL ticket one of their rental planes was demolished from a pilot doing a candy drop and got distracted and stalled it in. Thank God he was unhurt. The group of people is going to be a good ways away while I do my thing and then they can pick up.....And I like the idea of tying crepe paper to the candies. This would better allow me to stay above 500' agl......

We have done this for several years, and the children (and adults) love it! We pack a can (like an oatmeal container or Pringles can) with 50-100 candy parachutes and candy helicopters. The pilots are all instructed and know that as soon as the lid comes off, the paratroopers are jumping out. We have done candy drops with powered parachutes, ultralights, Air Bikes, and many GA airplanes. I would love to post a picture, but I can't figure out how to. If you want a photo, email me at fly-in-home@att.net. I have made instructions for the chutes and copters (we also have YEs build the same ones as they're waiting for their ride).