View Poll Results: Pay FAA or cancel AirVenture?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pay. It's right thing to do.

2 6.45%
  • Pay. We have no choice.

5 16.13%
  • Pay this time. Never again.

2 6.45%
  • Pay and I quit. Don't give in to blackmail.

22 70.97%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay FAA or cancel Airventure?

It is extortion, pure and simple. They made an offer EAA couldn't refuse. I certainly hope that EAA carries through using whatever means necessary to get this reversed. My Senators were NOT among the 28 who signed the petition, and they will hear from me again, as will my representative.

It is NOT issue of how much it they demand. A dollar per attendee per day. (The savings in water prices will cover that several times over.) It is the issue of ramming a new fee down the public's throat without any semblance of due process of law. Is it any wonder why the latest polls show the public's trust in government to be even lower than it was before (and it was pretty low to begin with.)

Well there is an issue about cost, but that has to do with the absence of open negotiation -- which is another rule of law issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    I'll post this link in each of these threads, just to make sure that you all see it:

http://www.eaa.org/news/2013/2013-06...TC-demands.asp
    I called and cancelled my auto-renew. So long all.
    David Reinhart
    ASN Volunteer/KFIT

Quote Originally Posted by cub builder View Post
    I'm thinking AOPA could use the funds I've been paying the EAA as they seem to have a better focus on the big picture.
    Hold on to your money until you see how AOPA handles the FAA during their Aviation Summit. I predict similar results.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJohn View Post
    Hold on to your money until you see how AOPA handles the FAA during their Aviation Summit. I predict similar results.
    Nowhere near the traffic for the AOPA event. Most people drive in or fly commercial. It's not like you can camp out like you can at Oshkosh. Now if they were still running the Open House, that might be a different matter...
    David Reinhart
    ASN Volunteer/KFIT

Quote Originally Posted by wa6ilt View Post
    Nowhere near the traffic for the AOPA event. Most people drive in or fly commercial. It's not like you can camp out like you can at Oshkosh. Now if they were still running the Open House, that might be a different matter...
    I don't think any of that is going to matter to the FAA. They see a place to collect money, and by October they will already have had both Sun N Fun and Oshkosh pay. They get AOPA and they hit the trifecta!

Next up will be the LSA Expo in Sebring, and then all the regional fly-ins. Finally, any weekend where more than the "usual" number of planes congregate will require the proper "permit" from the FAA. How much is that free pancake breakfast again?!

This is just so dang sad - there is literally no way to fix this. Jack was doing so dang good on other issues, then he strikes out on arguably the most important issue we have seen in decades. Literally Strikes out, than uses the excuse about "how important AirVenture is to the Aviation economy" -- dude.......... I honestly feel like EAA just sold us all out to make sure "AirVenture" was a go this year. Maybe I am wrong, maybe he has something in his back pocket, but in the end I sure as heck am not going to fight anymore for people that refuse to fight for themselves.

Last post, last forum view, I am done with all things EAA. Again, probably not a big deal to Airventure Inc, but a sad moment for me.

You can quit. You can run away and say that you are no part of it. Your choice. The problem is much bigger than you perceive. My impression is that EAA top management is fighting it, and they are pretty savvy about it, too.

If we do not fight...if we do not offer our support and do what we can to help in that fight, whether it is EAA, AOPA, or any other group out there, then you are just giving in to government doing whatever it pleases, regardless of law. The Administration's action (and do not believe that this idea is some independent thought of the FAA's) was brazen and really unparalleled. Just like the previously announced tower closings. That also violated the Administrative Act. It takes a little more time to counter a blitzkrieg action like that. The planner's within the Administration learned very well from the closing of Meigs Field. It is right out of that playbook.

As for me, as long as the EAA leadership continues to fight (and I do NOT regard this as a surrender, just a defeat) then I will be there with them and help however I can. After all WE are the EAA. For those who feel the same way...I will see you at ground zero next month.

+1 Spot on, Mayhem!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    You can quit. You can run away and say that you are no part of it. Your choice. The problem is much bigger than you perceive. My impression is that EAA top management is fighting it, and they are pretty savvy about it, too.

If we do not fight...if we do not offer our support and do what we can to help in that fight, whether it is EAA, AOPA, or any other group out there, then you are just giving in to government doing whatever it pleases, regardless of law. The Administration's action (and do not believe that this idea is some independent thought of the FAA's) was brazen and really unparalleled. Just like the previously announced tower closings. That also violated the Administrative Act. It takes a little more time to counter a blitzkrieg action like that. The planner's within the Administration learned very well from the closing of Meigs Field. It is right out of that playbook.

As for me, as long as the EAA leadership continues to fight (and I do NOT regard this as a surrender, just a defeat) then I will be there with them and help however I can. After all WE are the EAA. For those who feel the same way...I will see you at ground zero next month.
    Jack Pelton's statement makes it very clear that EAA and AirVenture are one and indivisible. Lot's of members have felt and spoken about that for a long time. This is just the last straw. I have my principles and evidently they don't coincide with EAAs. You don't give in to extortion and/or blackmail. If the EAA just said "no", don't you think that the vendors and the rest of those who would be financially impacted wouldn't be screaming to their legislators and lobbyists? What is more important, one summer's revenue or pushing back on government that is out of control?
    David Reinhart
    ASN Volunteer/KFIT

Mr Pelton has made a very bad decision which will cost us all for many years to come in many ways. He does not represent my views. Give in to extotion once and you will be robbed forever. He has done a great disservice to all of aviation. I know he is in a no win situation but he should have stood up and done the right thing and simply said NO. The organisation would survive and in the end be stronger and better for it.