Thread: new things going on at Oshkosh

new things going on at Oshkosh

Worked last weekend on the grounds at oshkosh.
    The grass looks great !!, they are busy putting in the new bathrooms next to hangar B
    AND they are doing away with the Chalets !!!!
    I am pissed at the FAA for making the airport cut down the trees over by the Weeks hangar
    Reason--birds were nesting in them--the parking crew is going to miss the shade.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Halloran View Post
    .... I am pissed at the FAA for making the airport cut down the trees over by the Weeks hangar
    Reason--birds were nesting in them--the parking crew is going to miss the shade.
    Kevin
    Maybe you could get a real deal on a couple of "slightly used" chalets to provide shade for the parking crew.
    Bill

Zing!

Looks like the Chalets are still around.
    http://www.airventure.org/news/2013/...tors-club.html

Just to be clear, the Aviators' Club was around before the chalets - they are two separate things.

Thought I'd repeat my great experience at the Aviator's Club last year. It was a life saver for someone who dislikes the heat - great service, good food and an opportunity to meet and have a quiet chat with a wonderful cross section of aviators from around the world, including Bob Hoover. Could not have managed AirVenture without it!