Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is this your chapter?

Last few posts a bit off the topic. Glad to see lots of views - I (we) need to be vigilant on "chatter" and how it might be viewed by an outsider to the chapter - eg. guests. Ran into the same problem in another yahoogroup just the other day. Always being as inclusive as possible.

Trevor,
    Reading through the chapter forming rules, I suppose any group of ten could form a new chapter if they don't like the current chapter.
    I mentioned this to an aviation friend and he responded: He said that he doesn't (and most others) simply don't have the time or desire to be a volunteer club officer. He said: "why do you even need chapter officers?"

A large population might have plenty of volunteers, but not my small town. A group of ten will usually have only one good volunteer, so who runs the club after the first guy moves on?

Jim, if you want a little balance in your chapter, just invite me out and pay for the airline ride. I am between 40 and 70 and definitely can spout the other side to offset your starboard wing nuts. Hey, for a little more reimbursement, I can even spout the right wing nut stuff as I have heard plenty of it growing up in Texas.

I haven't been to Sacremento, but learned to fly in San Diego and used to attend several of the better airshows at Chino, Merced,Madera, etc.

As for leaving some subject at the door, in my opinion any adult with half a brain ought to be able to convese about anything. You or the other side might learn something and if not, so what if in the end you disagree. A person that is afraid of an idea must have a pretty small opinion of their own mind.
    I have read that the Revernd Wright used to encourage varied and spirited discussion and even debate among the Bros and their sister and the boys could and did even switch sides and try to see what the other side was.
    But then, that is only the way genius did it, who are we to emulate them.

I do enjoy going to Oshkosh where even if most of the crowd, especially the wealthier owners are likely Republicans, most eveyone is there to get along with each other.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 06-11-2013 at 10:23 PM.