Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 90% Done, 50% to go...

Bunkie, 5/13 to 10/14 isn't bad, a year to a year and a half, not bad at all. Make sure you review the requirement. You've got 24 months from the last day of the month that you took your written test on to complete your license. Additionally you have a certain number of days to get back to finishing a test after a discontinuance and maybe a bust also.

Since your discontinuance was after the bust, that is probably the date to watch, but it wouldn't hurt to review both scenarios just to be safe. I think it may be 60 days. I took 11 months to PPL and 22 months from commercial written to commercial check ride (15 years after PPL). Stay after it, like a dog on a bone, you got this.

One more day, one more deteriorating weather situation. I have to drive about an hour to get to the aircraft and when I was about halfway there, the DPE called me to say that the winds were gusting to 22 knots so, again, I have to postpone. We try again next week.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm a character in a Samuel Beckett play.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunkie View Post
    I'm beginning to feel like I'm a character in a Samuel Beckett play.
    Waiting For Gadot?

The weather forecast looks good, the aircraft is booked and free of squawks, the DPE and I have scheduled the remaining part of the test for 10AM tomorrow morning, at this point all systems are go!

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Good luck and have fun, Bunkie - keep us posted!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Good luck and have fun, Bunkie - keep us posted!
    My wife thinks that I must have offended the Pilot Examination Gods because, not long after I posted this the DPE called me to reschedule because of a last-minute priority flight she needed to make for her employer.

I did, of course, anticipate this and had backup time booked in the club airplane, so we'll try on Sunday instead of tomorrow.

I'm thinking of changing my username to Ulysses.
    Last edited by Bunkie; 10-24-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Banned
    Bunky, if Sunday screws the pooch again, c'mon up to Toronto where it 's 18C, unlimited everything and sunshine this weekend. And you'll have a terrific dual cross country and learn how to clear customs to boot.

The winds were howling on Sunday, so we try again tomorrow (Tuesday).

Yes!!!! I passed. The DPE had some very complimentary things to say about my performance. More later as my wife and I are off to have a celebratory dinner!

Congratulations to you!! Enjoy the celebration