Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When you think "Oshkosh"...

When you think of "Oshkosh"

Hi All

Having been to "Rockford" and "Oshkosh" every year since 1963 except one, I have a thousand times a thousand memories, experiences, and favorites. Every year since the previous, I have a new favorite or revelation.

One in particular has brought the past into brilliant present day focus. When I was about 7, I got a ride on the Ford Tri-Motor in Rockford. It made the my whole world come to life as I was born and was living in Dearborn where absolutly everything was Ford. This past year, I was lucky enough to qualify to start training with EAA to fly that very same Ford Tri-Motor. Its funny how I use the sound of those 3 engines I remember all these years to help me give our present day passengers a great flight around Oshkosh!

Happy Landings
    John Maxfield

I've attended almost every year since 1970, when I was 7. Duane Cole and the clip-winged Taylorcraft, Bob Hoover and the business twin, the Frecce Tricolori team, Concorde doing touch and goes while my brother and I stood at the approach end of 18 before the ramp was put in...etched in my brain.

And I agree with calling it "Oshkosh"; "AirVenture" just doesn't sound right.