When planning my X-cntry's and due to my small plane (PA-28-150 cruiser) and the amount of equipment I take along, I always have to weigh my equipment individually so as not to exceed my gross weight and to carefully plan my flight times with autogas (91 octane) Fuel prices are / getting goofey! . With that in mind, I use a digital scale for my weights. "Air Weigh LS-300 Portable Digital Luggage Scale" http://www.amazon.com/Weigh-LS-300-P...eywords=LS-300 This is just one that is available that goes to 75lbs. There are others for about $20 on Amazon that can go to 110lbs. My trip east is not so bad as the west winds help me along with more air density on average; the return trip back to the west that is the concern as the air density decreases with headwinds to plan for and of course the rising terrain. The return trip allows me to lighten the load somewhat as I store most items of weight (scooter, generator, tent, sleeping bag) in/on the wife's Buick since my Cherokee only seats two (removed rear seats) as the whole family appears at Oshkosh requiring my wife to drive there which allows her to have a x-cntry road vacation. Anyhow, I know most people just throw their stuff on board and boogie to the event. You would be surprised as to the actual weight of some items.........See you all there! www.JoesPiper.com