Quote Originally Posted by David Pavlich View Post
My understanding is that big hubs like O'hare, Atlanta, LAX and so on frown on the little guys in their airspace. It comes down to speed. While a guy in a Skylane is on final at 70 knots or so, the 757 behind him is "loping" along at 140 knots. I would think a very experienced GA pilot could work through it. Also, it's my understanding that in order for an occaisional hop into high density air space, you have to get a reservation of sorts to get you into the airspace.

And if you happen to make a trip to Canada, you have to land at an airport that has a customs greeting committee to get you cleared. At any rate, I would think that it would be wise to keep to non-towered, class C or D airports.

David
When flying to Canada you call CANPASS, which is Canadian Customs, before you takeoff. You give them all your info, airport of arrival, pax names, ect, and the Customs agents may or may not come out to greet you upon arrival. You then call CANPASS again upon arrival, they issue you a report number and off you go to do whatever it is you flew to Canada to do. You can even land at airports that do not have Customs available on the airport, if they approve. Just requires a phone call. U.S. Customs is much more restrictive, when it comes to airplanes, anyway.