Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: GA and the TSA.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    So they filed a police report?
    I dunno. She and her husband (retired, in their 70's) were traveling during the Thanksgiving season...even her husband was disturbed (at seeing his wife discomforted, that is). But the agent was a jerk, anyway. There are rude people in any profession. It's not as if groping is specifically outlined in the TSA's SOP. But anyway, she said she looked for a "customer complaint area" (she thought the airport was a commercial entity that was responsible) and couldn't find one (and they were running late). On the return home she did make a point to approach a TSA person but they said something like "sorry ma'am about that" and "don't worry I don't think that'll hapoen again" and "we've had some complaints like that and someone's bound to remember the guy's name and file something" (she could not tell the officer the guy's name).
    This was two or three Thanksgivings ago when the TSA was employing their "advanced search techniques" or something to that effect. I remember that November because one of my hobbies is listening to talk radio and everyone was mad.
    Last edited by WingsAloft; 05-11-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    *** Life is Lead Points and Habit Patterns ***

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    It's great that you're getting a head start reading the PHAK. It's great that you're participating in aviation forums. Sure wish I could have done that when I was a student pilot (BTW, you are a student pilot as soon as you start studying the art and science of flying, no license required).
    Thanks.Ten years ago I bought Flight Simulator 2002 which had a "library" feature with alot of magazine articles in it. The first one I read was "Town and Country Caravan" ( the title tickles me to this day). As I read it I thought, "hey, these people are really neat. I'd love to get to know alot of these folks and do what they do..."
    *** Life is Lead Points and Habit Patterns ***