Thread: WingX abbreviations

WingX abbreviations

I have WingX but don't use it too much. They now have "auto ADP" on landings, and auto "DP" on take off. What is the meaning of these abbreviations? (WingX doesn't have a user's manual so you can look up these things.)

It's actually APD, not ADP. Auto APD (airport diagram) and Auto DP (departure procedure). Automatically switches from the sectional moving map to the airport diagram after landing and slowing down on the runway. Automatically switches to the departure procedure after takeoff.

Haven't tried either of these, since the airport I fly out of doesn't have an airport diagram in the database. I don't think it works with the little mini-airport diagrams on the approach procedures for smaller airports. But I'm not sure.

I like WingX a lot, better than Foreflight, but I agree their lack of documentation and lousy, obsolete, web page are frustrating. I learned of these new features because I signed up for their "weekly" info emails which don't seem to come out every week.

Mike E