Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouse Pee and Poop inside my Aluminum Wing

Mouse Pee and Poop inside my Aluminum Wing

Recently I found the “Mother of all Mouse Nests “ Inside my Aluminum Wing.

I removed the Nest / Condominium, but I am left with a film of Dust, Pee and Poop.

What is the best way to clean up the droppings? And then how the area should be treated to prevent corrosion?

Do I flush the Area with Fresh Water from a garden hose ? Or will this cause even more problems.

Thanks to all

I would clean it up the best you can, then go over the area with a rag dampened with 'Corrosion X' or something similar. Access may be an issue, sounds like you can get to it O.K.. At least an oily rag.

Secondary, you need some type of pest control. I use a pet proof 'bait house' on the edge of the hangar wall, poison inside. After I bought my plane the A&P commented on older rodent sign inside the door panels, before my ownership.

Even if it doesn't seem the case, mice & rats are on the move every night. I moved a wooden shelf just the other week, & under was a Norway Rat that had died about a year ago.

Clean it up with soap and water. Then inspect to see if there is any corrosion present. If so, use a scotchbright pad to remove the corrosion, wash again, alodine, and prime to prevent more corrosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    Clean it up with soap and water.
    x2. Wash it with mild soap and lots of water. Rinse well with lots more water. Then go fly to dry it out Should be good to go.

This is good, although a little stinky, solution to mice and rats:

http://www.ask.com/question/do-mothballs-repel-rats

I'm a big fan of Corrosion X. FAA also has available AC 43-4A for corrosion control at:

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...cumentID/22583

Did it look like this?Name:  TBM 2012-01-19 16-22-18.jpg
Views: 2209
Size:  96.0 KB

The mouse nest was not as big as the one shown in the picture ... but it was a pain in the butt to get removed. Thanks to all that posted !

The urine might be acidic, and if so it would be good to use a mild basic solution before the final rinse to neutralize. A little baking soda in water would do that.

I had the Bobby Likis car care radio call in show tuned in. A caller asked how to prevent mice from chewing wireing under the hood of a parked car. Bobby said liquid peppermint available at the drug store was an effective deterant.