Thread: Doolittle Raiders at AirVenture?

Doolittle Raiders at AirVenture?

Will any of the remaining Doolittle Raiders be speaking at Oshkosh this year? Thanks for any info!

No one? I'm asking because at the final Doolittle Reunion last month, I asked Lt. Col. Dick Cole, Jimmy Doolittle's co-pilot himself, whether any of them would be at Oshkosh this year, and he said they hadn't been invited yet. Can someone please clarify? There are only four of them left, you know, and one is too ill to travel. Not too many more opportunities to hear these true heroes speak...

I'm checking into it and will hopefully have an answer for you shortly.

Zack

Banned
    They just had what is apparently their last reunion in April, it would be terrific to have them at Osh one last time as well.

Based on what the folks in the know have told me, there is no current plan for any of the Raiders to be at AirVenture. That could always change by the time the event actually happens.

Zack

Thanks for checking it out, Zack, but what a shame. One of the Raiders passed away in February, one is too ill to travel, and the other three are all in their 90s. There won't be too many more years that they are able to attend Oshkosh. It was a privilege for me to meet them at their reunion in April in Florida but I'm disappointed none of them is scheduled to be at Oshkosh this year.

Please let us know if anything changes, thanks.